- Develop an understanding of healthcare management relationships in the administrative, financial, operational, and managerial business functional areas and how to use this knowledge towards accomplishment of the organization’s vision and mission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the political and strategic issues involving healthcare and the current reimbursement environment facing healthcare practitioners and organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize continuous quality improvement and critical thinking skills as well as quantitative methods in planning and strategic decision making processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, implement, and maintain policies and conditions that result in an ethical and socially responsible organization that can compete successfully in today’s
- Develop effective communication skills in order to assure success in community relations and organizational effectiveness in the healthcare arena.
The student will be able to identify and demonstrate working knowledge of the
1a. Financial planning methodologies (e.g., strategic planning; strategic financial planning; operational planning; budgeting; capital budgeting)
1b. Implementation planning (e.g., operation plan; management plan)
1c. Management functions (e.g., planning; organizing; directing; controlling.
2a. Corporate compliance laws and regulations (hospital organizational issues, physician recruitment, billing and coding practices, antitrust, conflict of interest, etc.)
2b. Governmental, regulatory, professional, and accreditation agencies related to healthcare delivery (e.g., CMS; JCAHO; NCQA).
2c. Socioeconomic and regulatory /reimbursement environment in which the organization functions.
2d.Global healthcare issues, trends and perspectives (e.g., aging population, insurance costs, malpractice crisis, etc)
3a.Comparative analysis strategies (e.g., indicators; benchmarks; systems; performance)
3b.Employee satisfaction measurement and improvement techniques and related motivational techniques
4a. Business and personal ethics as well as the medical staff and Allied health professional staff standards and organizational code of ethics.
4.b Ensure professional roles, responsibility and accountability in the healthcare organization.
5a. Application of principles of communication and their specific applications to finance.
5b. Assurance of the patient and community perspective and involvement for internal and external public relation operations.