Park.edu Home > Graduate School > For Current Graduate Students
Frequently Asked Questions - Students
Degree Programs/Admission Information
Tuition/Financial Aid/VA benefits
Park Computer Systems
Current Student/Graduation Information
If you do not see your question, please contact Betty Deck, Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director for the Graduate School, at (816) 559-5625 or via email: email@example.com.
1. The Admissions Office will be able to help with information on programs in education, business, public affairs, healthcare and communication and leadership; check your application status, receipt of transcripts, or receipt of other admission materials. Contacts: Judith Appollis, Admissions Director, (816) 559-5627, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Defever, Graduate Admissions Counselor, (816) 559-5629, email: email@example.com.
3. For a listing of the Master’s programs, please go to http://www.park.edu/grad/degrees.aspx.
4. For a listing of the Master’s programs available online, please go to http://www.park.edu/grad/degreesonline.aspx.
5. For a listing of Certificate programs and a description of what they are, please go to http://www.park.edu/grad/certificates.aspx.
6. Score requirements vary upon the program; these scores are evaluated upon application, along with other admissions criteria. The scores are sound indicators of potential graduate school performance. Please contact Graduate Admissions Counselor for specific program requirements.
8. Please follow this link for information regarding alternative certification programs: www.dese.mo.gov/divteachqual/teached/altcertprog.htm.
9. No, we do not offer graduate credit for work experience.
10. Please click here to apply for admission.
11. Please click here to apply for financial aid. For more information and details, please contact the Financial Aid office at (816) 584-6290.
12. A 25 percent graduate tuition discount is available to active duty, reserve, and national guard military personnel. Eligible students must complete and return the Military Tuition Discount form.
13. For questions regarding tuition assistance, please contact Samara Molix, Graduate Program Assistant, 816-559-5618 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Joslyn Creighton, Assistant to the Dean, (816) 559-5622, email: email@example.com
14. For questions regarding VA certification, please Samara Molix, Graduate Program Assistant, 816-559-5618 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Joslyn Creighton, Assistant to the Dean, (816) 559-5622, email: email@example.com
15. Students may confirm/pay for classes via the MyPark system or by contacting Brandee Howard, Graduate Program Assistant, at 816-556-5630, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Natalie Hauptmann, Graduate Program Assistant, at (816) 559-5621, email: email@example.com, Samara Molix, Graduate Program Assistance, at 816-559-5618, emali: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Helen Lucas, Cashier, at (816) 584-6433, email: email@example.com.
16. Please follow this link: Graduate Assistantships. If you have any further questions, please contact Betty Deck, Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director, at (816) 559-5625, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. You may register/enroll for classes via the Mypark system.
18. To drop classes you may contact the following individuals:
19. Park University Refund Calculation Schedule
If you have financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid office at 816-584-6290 to see how dropping or withdrawing from a course will impact your financial aid.
20. Please follow this link to the course schedule.
21. Depending on the program, courses are offered in 8 week and 16 week terms. Students are urged to check the course schedule with their advisor to determine what courses are offered in what format and the recommended sequence of courses to be taken.
22. Full- and Part-Time Enrollment
23. The Park University Bookstore, located in the Underground at the Parkville Campus, stocks textbooks for face-to-face and online courses. You contact the bookstore at (816) 584-6747, or www.park.edu/bookstore.
24. Each student, faculty and staff member of Park University receives an ID card. The student ID card should be carried at all times for use at the Park University library, campus athletic events, the Office of the Registrar, the Cashier’s Office, and other offices, where identification may be needed. Photo ID pictures in Parkville will be taken in the Student Assistance Center (1st floor Norrington). Contact the Student Assistance Center at 816-584-6388 for further information.
25. The parking garage is located at 910 Walnut, Kansas City, MO 64105. To view a map of the immediate area of the parking garage downtown, click here.
26. No, currently, you do not need to pay any fee for parking.
27. If you lost your ID card, contact the office where you received it and apply for a new one. There is a replacement fee of $10.00.
28. Each student, faculty and staff member of Park University receives an ID number with their ID card. This number is unique to you and is your login and username for Mypark, Park Google Apps and ParkOnline.
29. Using MyPark, students can:
· Review their schedule
· Access their academic record
· Run a degree audit
· Register for courses
· Check financial aid
· Pay tuition online
Please note: Students are advised to consult with their advisor or Campus Center Director before registering for classes. Faculty Advisors, Office of the Registrar staff, Student Support/Services Coordinators, or the Campus Center Director will also be available to help with registration.
30. The MyPark system is an automated system that allows you to access a wide variety of services any time from any location. You can use the system to register for classes and look up the course schedule. The system also allows you to conveniently access other services including:
For more information on how to use MyPark, please click here.
31. Park Google Apps addresses typically follow this format: email@example.com. To find the student’s email address, click on the “Compose” button. The “From” field will display the student’s email address. (Example: John Doe’s email address would be: firstname.lastname@example.org.) Please note that email addresses are not case sensitive.
Park Google Apps currently does NOT support connectivity via Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Composer or any other 3rd party e-mail client.
33. Park Google Apps is IMP: the Internet Mail Program, an email service to all students, full-time and adjunct faculty, and staff at Park University, using the following email address: email@example.com.
Park email is an email service available to full-time faculty and staff, based on MS Outlook. Email addresses usually are: firstname.lastname@example.org. Full-time faculty and staff get both services, Park Google Apps and MS Outlook, and may forward their Park Google Apps account to their MS Outlook account.
34. Within 48 hours of registering in the first course, students are granted access to eCollege. This system provides eClassroom - a virtual classroom for online courses, and eCompanion - an online supplement for face-to-face courses. Additionally, this can be used as a homepage and has links to MBS Bookstore, Park Google Apps, and MyPark.
It is a good idea to test the computer system and explore eCollege before starting an online course. Students are expected to be prepared and ready to work on the first day of the term.
To login, students need their username and password. The username is the student’s Park ID number (six digits): e.g. 123456. To obtain password information, please contact the Graduate School at (816) 559-5625, or the Help Desk at (800) 927-3024 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST/CTD, Monday through Friday.
35. In case you will not be able to attend class, you must inform your instructor. Their email-address and telephone number is available on the course syllabus. If your course is scheduled downtown, you may also leave a message with the facilities coordinator at (816) 559-5602, or the administrative assistant to the Executive Director at (816) 559-5625.
37. To apply for Graduation, click here. If you are planning on walking at the Graduation Ceremony (held in May and December), you will also need to order your cap and gown by contacting the bookstore at 816-584-6747 or at email@example.com. Upon request, the bookstore will ship your cap & gown to you for a $6.99 fee. For more information, please go to http://www.park.edu/grad/documents/GraduationInformation.pdf. If you have any questions, please contact Betty Deck at 816-559-5625, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
38. List of important phone numbers:
39. List of Graduate Programs contacts: