Master of Public Affairs Degree
Master of Public Affairs
Hauptmann School for Public Affairs
911 Main, Suite 900
Kansas City, MO 64105
Tel. (816) 559-5616
| Driving directions
The M.P.A. program allows you to be adaptable in your career, understand and prepare for multisector and cross-sector realities, and successfully lead in your changing environment. Because the M.P.A. is a values-driven program, you will focus not only on doing things the right way, but on the courage to do the right things.
- Prepare for the unscripted future. The cross-sector, liberal-arts base of the M.P.A. degree is designed for those navigating the changing and dynamic work environment of the 21st century.
- Learn from widely published, highly experienced and qualified faculty. Your courses will be led by seasoned academicians and Ph.D. researchers. In addition, Park University has attracted well-known leaders as faculty. Our courses are taught by leader-scholars who are former mayors, city managers, executive directors of nonprofit organizations, state and local government officials, and heads of national an international professional organizations. This combination of faculty brings enormous vitality and real-world currency into the classroom—both Online and face-to-face.
- Engage in a top-quality classroom experience. Small class sizes mean you get more attention. Highly interactive experiences mean you learn more. Even in the Online classroom, you'll engage in lively discussions with classmates in a variety of professions from around the country and world.
- Choose your delivery format. Enroll in traditional face-to-face courses at our downtown campus center in Kansas City, MO, the virtual classroom Online or a combination of the two delivery formats.
- Maximize your time. You can complete the M.P.A. curriculum in just 36 credit hours.
- Get involved in experiential learning. You will be encouraged to get involved in special projects for government and nonprofit organizations that uniquely reflect the real world of public affairs.
- Align with a nationally recognized program. The M.P.A. Online program is ranked a "Best Buy" by GetEducated.com. Ranked fourth nationally are four concentrations within the program—public management, nonprofit and community services management, disaster and emergency management, and management of information systems.
Format of the MPA Degree
The M.P.A. degree can be completed through traditional face-to-face courses at our downtown Kansas City campus, in the virtual classroom online, or by combining courses from the two delivery formats.
The M.P.A. curriculum consists of 18 core hours, 15 concentration hours, and three hours of cross-sector courses of the student's choice. The cross-sector hours may be taken from any area of concentration in the MPA program (aside from the student's selected area of concentration), and from any graduate program of study at Park University.
Park University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
MPA Online Program Ranked "Best Buy"
A number of Park University distance learning and Online programs were recently ranked "best buys" by the national editorial review team from "GetEducated.com."
Four concentrations within Park's Master of Public Affairs program -- public management, nonprofit and community services management, disaster and emergency management, and management of information systems -- were ranked fourth.
The "best buy" designation indicates that the program has been reviewed and judged to offer a high quality distance degree to a national audience at tuition rates well below the national average. (Read more...)