Command and General Staff College
Admissions and Tuition Information
These requirements are for officers at the Command and General Staff College who have successfully completed or are in the process of completing the Command and General Staff Officers Course (CGSC):
- Completion of at least the C100 block in the CGSC with grade of B or higher
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (Lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Current resume (Army Officer Record Brief [ORB] or equivalent that includes professional and academic experience is acceptable in lieu of civilian resume).
- GRE, GMAT will be waived for applicants who have successfully completed the equivalent of at least six semester credit hours in the Command and General Staff Officers Course (CGSC)
- Letters of recommendation are not required.
Transfer of Graduate Credit
- Park University’s participating graduate programs will accept between nine and 15 hours of transfer academic credit, depending on the degree program.
credit hours completed in the Command and General Staff Officers Course may be
transferred towards a master’s degree.
- Determination of credit hours by directors of individual graduate programs.
NOTE: All coursework transferred to Park University must be earned at a regionally accredited institution and must be earned at the graduate level. Official transcript is required for all graduate credit transfers.
How to Apply
- Submit a completed Park University Graduate School application form at any time:
- Online application here
- Include official transcript from undergraduate institution as well as CGSC.
- Standard Park University application fees apply
Available Start Dates
- Spring I: January
- Spring II: March
- Summer: June
- Fall I: August
- Fall II: October
Tuition - Military Discount
Park University's tuition rate is comparable to that of public institutions; graduate tuition for the 2013-2014 academic year is $480/credit hour. Park offers a discount of 25% for all active duty, reserve, and National Guard military members. For 2013-2014, the effective military discounted cost per graduate credit hour is $360.00 for face-to-face courses and $385.00 per credit hour for online courses. Eligible students must complete and forward the Military Tuition Discount form to the Graduate School.
Learn more about scholarships and financial aid available to military members and their dependents.