Mission StatementThe Logistics Program at Park University is dedicated to providing students the necessary tools and knowledge needed to broaden their horizons and add value to their career in the competitive and increasingly complex business world.
Vision StatementThe Logistics Program at Park University strives to provide a superior academic experience in bridging the gap between the classroom and industry. The Program is committed to providing innovative educational opportunities for students as they prepare to enter careers within the global marketplace.
Academic Goals and Competencies
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of logistics and supply chain management.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform demand management to improve efficiency.
- Demonstrate the impact of logistics and supply chain operations on a firm’s profitability.
- Demonstrate skills in data mining in logistics and supply chain topics and sources.
- Explain the role of transportation in the U.S. economy.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
Competencies1.1 Describe the internal integration of an organization’s logistics activities and functions.
1.2 Describe the external integration of an organization’s supply chain.
2.1 Conduct an Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) analysis using case study data.
2.2 Determine lead times within an inventory control system to minimize stock outs.
3.1 Create a profit and loss statement and a balance sheet; show changes in both as logistics and supply chain inputs vary.
3.2 Develop and analyze a DuPont Model to highlight the effects of logistics and supply chain inputs on a firm’s financial ratios.
4.1 Perform a document search of logistics and supply chain management materials from a variety of online resources.
5.1 Review and interpret available data and reports about transportation in the U.S.
5.2 Observe and document real-world illustrations of the role of transportation in the U.S.
6.1 Prepare and deliver an effective presentation on logistics and supply chain management.
6.2 Write clear, concise, and logical case study analyses.