Public Administration—Hauptmann School of Public Affairs
Bachelor of Public AdministrationThe Bachelor of Public Administration degree is designed for students who are interested or currently working in the public administration field. Be prepared to meet the unique challenges of public administration at the municipal, state or federal levels. The BPA provides a foundational background for those students wishing to pursue graduate studies, entry-level positions or continued professional development.
About the ProgramBPA MAJOR – 45 HOURS, 2.5 GPA
- MA 120 Basic Concepts of Statistics
- AC 201 Principles of Accounting I
- PO 200 American National Government
- PO 201 State and Local Government
- PA 330 Public Administration
- PA 333 Public Management and Leadership
- PA 334 Public Personnel Administration
- PA 350 Budget and Finance
- PA 380 Public Service Values
- PA 390 Administrative Law
- PA 404 Capitalism and Societal Issues
MINOR - 18 HOURS, 2.5 GPA
18 hours must include PO 200, PA 330, PA 333, and 9 hours of PA prefix electives from the BPA Core and/or Public Service emphasis area excluding PA 430, PA 431, and PA 432.
- Certificate in Terrorism and Homeland Security from the Department of Criminal Justice
- Certificate in Military History from the Department of History
FIVE INTERDISCIPLINARY AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Business relations
- Criminal justice
- Fire service management
- Homeland security and
- Public service.