Credit Hour Requirements For
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Park University grants the Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Public Administration, Bachelor of Science in Education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Music degrees upon completion of the following requirements:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours with a cumulative 2.0 GPA. The Bachelor of Public Administration requires a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- A departmental major as specified by the department. (A minor is optional.)
- Completion of at least 45 hours of upper division (300 or 400 level) college coursework.
- Completion of residency requirement, 30 hours of earned and graded (A, B, C, D) college hours at Park University. At least 15 of these 30 hours must be in the major core.
- Completion of the 37 hour Liberal Education requirement.
- Completion of LE 100 First-Year Seminar (all first-time freshmen.)
- Passing the Writing Competency Test (WCT). Note: English 105 and 106 and the WCT must be completed not later than the semester in which the student acquires 60 credit hours. For transfer students with 60 hours or more, these requirements, including the WCT, must be completed during their first two semesters or their first three terms at the University. An administration fee is collected at the time the student registers. Further information about the WCT is available.
- Completion of EN 306 Professional Writing in the Discipline (3 cr.).
- Majors must be declared prior to accumulating 60 hours of work. For transfer students with more than 60 hours, majors must be declared at the time of admission or during the first enrolled semester/term thereafter.
- Presentation of an application for graduation by established deadlines during the semester/term prior to the student’s graduation.