Admission CriteriaThe admission requirements for the Bachelor of Social Work Degree are as follows:
- Completion of 60 credit hours of college coursework.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher. GPA is computed on all college credit, transfer and Park University.
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be a college/university faculty member; the second letter may be from a faculty member or another person known in a professional capacity.
- Successful completion of Park University’s Writing Competency Test.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of “C” or better: EN 105, EN 106, EN 306b, SO 141 Introduction to Sociology; PS 101, Introduction to Psychology; MA 120 Basic Concepts of Statistics; and SW 205, Introduction to Social Work. Students must also complete 8 credits of Modern Language (Spanish is preferred). For transfer students six credits of the modern language equivalent may be accepted.
- Completion of all required materials in the Bachelor of Social Work admission packet, which includes a personal narrative that relates the student’s interest, experiences and goals in the social work profession.
In accordance with CSWE accreditation standards, the Social Work program does not grant course credit for life experience or previous work experience.