U.S. Transfer Students
If you are an international student, transferring from a US school:
English Proficiency Requirements
- Completed Park University application form. Be sure to sign your name and enclose $75.00, which is the $25.00 application fee and $50.00 international student fee.
- Please indicate your country of citizenship and country of residence, even if they are the same as the country of birth.
- For transfer student from a US school, the international student transfer form should be completed by your current DSO and returned.
- Color Copy of your I-20, passport, visa and I-94.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from your high school and college/university. Certified English translations of the transcripts should be provided for transcripts that are in a language other than English.
- A notarized Affidavit of Support and supporting bank statement(s) in US Dollars showing the ability to finance one year of study. For more information, please see financial supporting documentation.
- Admission to Park University does not require a TOEFL score or any other test of English proficiency. For more information, please see English Proficiency Requirements.
- These documents may be faxed, emailed or mailed directly to International Student Services Department at
International Student Services
8700 NW River Park Dr PMB#3
Parkville, MO 64152
Fax: (816) 505-5443
Admission to Park University does not require a TOEFL score or any other test of English proficiency. A prospective student not submitting a TOEFL score can only receive a "conditional admission" and must complete English as an International Language Testing upon arrival.
Prospective students seeking a "full admission" need to provide
- an official copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum iBT test score of 61 or paper test score of 500 or computer test score of 173 (Park University TOEFL code is 6574) or
- An official IELTS score of 5.0.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) transcripts showing successful completion as determined by Park University officials.
"Full admission" may also be granted for those students transferring from a U.S. institution that have successfully completed 15 hours of transferable regular undergraduate credit courses, as determined by the Office of the Registrar.
The TOEFL/IELTS Test is not required IF you are a citizen of a country which has English as an official language. Click here to see the TOEFL Exempt Countries.
Regardless of "admission status" all prospective students with F-1 student visas are required to complete English as an International Language testing upon arrival.
Financial Support Documentation
In addition to completing the Confidential Financial Statement
you must also submit financial documentation to verify your support. You must submit supporting bank statement(s) less than 6 months old and/or other financial documents showing the ability to finance annual expenses ($21,990.00), to live in the United States and study at Park. If the bank account is not in your name, include a sworn or certified letter or Affidavit of Support
and from the account holder verifying that s/he will be supporting you.
Costs and Tuition Fee
9 Months Estimated Cost
Room & Board
Health Insurance (Mandatory)
Student Activity Fee
TOTAL US DOLLARS
* The tuition fee above is based on 15 credits per semester at $330.00 per credit hour and the SEVIS F-1/J-1/M-1 fee of $600 per semester (subject to Board approval in February 2009) .
* Please note that all international students are required to fulfill minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
* An additional fee of $160 will be applied for an evaluation of transcripts if transfer of credit is required.
AS A GENERAL POLICY, PARK UNIVERSITY DOES NOT EXTEND PAYMENT PLANS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. YOU MUST PAY ALL YOUR COSTS PRIOR TO REGISTERING AND STARTING CLASSES.
Transfer of Credit from Foreign Credentials
Park University willingly accepts transfer of credit from Foreign Credentials. The transfer of credit is facilitated between the student and Park University by the ISS Office. We require an official transcript from the foreign institution, a translation if the transcript is in a language other than English, and a Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (FCE). See below for more detail.
Q: I have done some college coursework back in my country; can I have those credits transferred to Park University?
A: Yes, you may. To receive official transfer credit at Park University, all students submitting foreign transcripts must
have an official Foreign Credential Evaluation Report, completed by a recognized foreign credit evaluation company
prior to receiving any credit at Park.
Q: What documents are needed for official transfer of credit at Park?
A: It takes the following documents to receive transfer of credit:
• An official transcript
• An official translation (from foreign language to English if transcript is issued in another language)
• An official Foreign Credential Evaluation Report
• Course descriptions may be needed to receive credit for specific courses at Park.
Students are responsible for supplying the official foreign transcript(s) and often required documents in a timely
manner to the ISS office, and will bear sole responsibility for enrolling in "duplicate" classes that otherwise would
have been credited to the student as transferable from previous courses taken when the official evaluation is
Q: What is Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) Report?
A: A Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (FCE Report) is report completed by a recognized foreign credential
evaluation company in United States, which demonstrates how your education compares with U.S. university
undergraduate studies, including a course-by-course evaluation and a US GPA. A student must have earned an
equivalent US "C" or better for the course to be eligible for transfer to Park. All courses are transferred in as "TR"
and do not affect the Park GPA.
Q: I do not have a Foreign Credential Evaluation Report. What should I do?
A: Park University can facilitate the foreign credential evaluation report on behalf of the student. All Parkville Daytime
and Graduate School campus students will be charged prior to enrollment if they have not already submitted
their official transcript to a recognized foreign credential evaluation company prior to their first enrollment at
If you attend a campus center, you should
• contact ISS directly at 816-584-6834
• pay the $160 fee
Q: What is the fee when Park University does this?
A: The current fee charged for a foreign credential evaluation service is $160, which is shown on page 69 of the 2009-2010
Q: How long does the transfer credit process take?
A: In general, the evaluation of international transcripts can take four to six weeks.