The Tipton Award is presented by the Student Senate to honor an alumna or alumnus who has made an outstanding service contribution to Park University. It was endowed by Mary Lou and Bill Tipton, both class of 1928. Throughout their lives the Tiptons served Park University through the Alumni Association, Friends of the Library and the Park University Board of Trustees. Their many gifts of time, talent and funds are too numerous to mention here. The first Tipton Award presentation was made in 1991.
Susan Kensett McGaughey, ’74, has served on the Alumni
Council since 2006.
1991 Marlowe Sherwood, '63