The annual commencement ceremony for the Camp Pendleton Campus will be held on Friday,
September 17, 2010, 2:00 PM, at the Base Theater. This ceremony is a wonderful way to recognize
this significant achievement in your life – the completion of your college degree! The following
information should help you to successfully fulfill the numerous steps involved in applying for graduation.
- A diploma (graduation) application
and a $75 fee are required two terms prior to completing your degree. The application
fee pays for your diploma, cap & gown, ceremony, and reception (application should be completed by
June 1, 2010).
- Within one week of submitting your diploma application, please stop by our Park office or send
us an e-mail at email@example.com to complete a cap and gown order
form if you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony. (There is no additional charge for cap
and gown rental.) If you choose to send us an email, please include your height, weight, and hat size
(for example: S, M, L), anticipated degree, and student ID number. We must receive all cap and gown
order information by July 1st, 2010!.
- Students who have completed all degree requirements and who did not participate in the August
2009 ceremony may participate in the 2010 ceremony.
- The WCT must be completed and you may not have more than six credit hours pending by the end of
the Fall I term in order to participate in the 2010 graduation ceremony.
- Students planning to test out of a course by taking a CLEP and DSST must complete testing prior
to submitting the diploma application.
- All official transcripts from other schools must be submitted prior to completing a diploma application
in order to receive an accurate comprehensive evaluation.
- Students will be allowed to participate in the September graduation ceremony if they have met the
requirements listed above and are pending no more than two classes. All classes must be completed by
the end of the Fall II 2010 term.
- Students graduating after the September 2010 ceremony will not be recognized for academic honors
at the September commencement ceremony since the degree will not be complete at the time of the ceremony.
Appropriate honors will be listed on the diploma and official transcript once all degree requirements are
completed. (See below for more information on academic honors.)
- Student diploma is not presented at the graduation ceremony. Diplomas are granted one term after
the last required grade is posted in the student’s audit. Allow approximately 8-10 weeks after
you complete your last class to receive your diploma. Park University personnel will contact you once your
diploma had been received in the office. (Please make sure that you phone number and mailing address are
Please mark your calendars for these important dates:
Ongoing—Graduation announcements are now available for purchase through the Herff-Jones
June 1st, 2010—Complete your
diploma (graduation) application
June 15th, 2010—INFORMATION MEETING
Joint Education Center (Building 1331) Room 207 5:15–6:15 PM
Topics of discussion: Graduation requirements, announcement cards, graduation photo information,
and dress code for the ceremony. Students planning to graduate in 2010 should plan to attend this
meeting as Cap & Gown order will be taken. (NOTE: If you haven’t submitted a diploma application
by June 15th please send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to confirm your attendance.)
July 1st, 2010—CAP AND GOWN ORDERS DUE to Camp Pendleton office; stop by to complete
a cap and gown order form or send us an email at email@example.com.
September 2nd, 2010—FINAL GRADUATION MEETING
Joint Education Center (Building 1331) Room 207 5:30- 6:30PM
Caps and Gown will be distributed and details of graduation ceremony will be covered. If you cannot attend
this meeting, please contact the Camp Pendleton office to make arrangements to pick up your cap and gown
and ceremony information.
September 17th, 2010 – GRADUATION PRACTICE
9:00 AM, Base Theatre.
Students must be on time for rehearsal. Final information on the ceremony and reception will be discussed,
and we will rehearse the graduation procession and diploma ceremony.
Friday, September 17th, 2010 – GRADUATION!
2:00 PM, Base Theatre (Graduates meet at 12:00 PM)
Dress code: Business attire.
Group and individual photos will be taken at this time, and last minute instructions will be given.
(Photo packages may be ordered at the ceremony.)
Doors will open at 1:30 PM.
GRADUATION RECEPTION: Immediately following the ceremony on the lawn outside of the base theatre.
Faculty, graduates and guests are invited to the reception.
Outstanding Graduate Award:
The graduate must have a GPA of 3.0 or above and complete the degree no later than Fall I 2010.
The application form is available in our Camp Pendleton Campus Center office. Graduate must list
his/her significant accomplishments, outstanding qualities, and type a one page letter justifying
why he/she should be selected as the outstanding graduate. Include letters of recommendation from
teachers, employers, etc. Please submit all required documents to the Camp Pendleton Campus
Center prior to August 15th, 2010.
Graduation with Honors:
- Graduates must have at least 45 earned credit hours from Park
- Honors are granted (based on the cumulative Park grade point average) as follows:
- Cum Laude -- 3.5 to 3.699
- Magna Cum Laude -- 3.7 to 3.899
- Summa Cum Laude -- 3.9 to 4.0
- Students who complete 24 to 44 graded hours and accumulate a 3.75 or better grade point
average do not earn Latin honors, but will be honored by having the notation "With
Distinction" entered on their academic records.
- Students graduating with honors may wear gold honor cords with their caps and gowns, and
will have their appropriate honors listed in the printed commencement program.