Requirements For The Associate Of Arts/Science Degrees
Park University confers the associate's degree at selected locations when a candidate has satisfied the following conditions:
NOTE: Courses are coded in this catalog as Humanities (H), Natural Science (NS), and Social Sciences (SS) respectively. Credits in English composition (EN 105 and EN 106) cannot be applied toward the humanities general education requirement.
- Presentation of a minimum of sixty (60) earned credit hours.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 for Park University courses.
- Satisfaction of all requirements for a major as outlined in this catalog.
- Completion of 15 earned (A, B, C, D) Park University credit hours in residence. At least nine of these credits must be in the major core.
- Proficiency in the use of the English language which can be demonstrated by the successful completion of one of the following:
- Park University courses EN 105 Writing Strategies and Concepts and EN 106 Writing Purposes and Research or equivalent courses from a regionally accredited institution.
- CLEP College Composition and the completion of EN 106 Writing Purposes and Research or an equivalent course.
- Proficiency in the use of mathematics which can be demonstrated by the successful completion of one of the following:
- MA 120 Basic Concepts of Statistics, MA 125 Intermediate Algebra, or an equivalent course from a regionally accredited institution.
- CLEP General Examination #5 Mathematics. (Not required for an Associate of Science in Nursing.)
- Completion of the general education requirements which can be satisfied by completing 15 credit hours outside the division of the major, with a minimum of six (6) credit hours in the areas of humanities, natural sciences and social sciences.
- Presentation of an application for diploma not less than 60 days prior to projected completion.