Park.edu Home > ICM > Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel
Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel
Park University's International Center for Music office is located on the second floor of the Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel at:
8700 N. W. River Park Drive
Parkville, MO 64152-3795
First built in 1931, the chapel won several awards for its architecture and was noted for its magnificent pipe organ. On Christmas night in 1937, the building was gutted by a fire which started from some oily rags in the basement. Within one year, the chapel was rebuilt and constructed in a nearly fire-proof manner.
This building is noted for its beautiful stained glass windows and its Kimball pipe organ. The organ contains over 2,000 pipes and was the last large instrument built by the Kimball Company. The chapel houses the Music Department and is the venue for music performances and concerts at Park University.