About the Certificate ProgramThe Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership program, housed within the Hauptmann School for Public Affairs, prepares students for leadership positions in the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors. Graduates with this certificate command key skills and understanding found necessary to equip them for challenging work in these sectors. Graduates of this certificate program will be able to:
- Exhibit key skills needed to lead and manage nonprofit organizations.
- Develop cross-sector understanding and skills to help network nonprofit organizations and attract resources.
- Assess ethical dimensions of decisions of nonprofit leaders.
- Create strategies to help nonprofits fulfill their unique missions.
- Identify and attract possible funding sources for nonprofits.
CurriculumRequired Courses 9 cr.
- PA 509 Leadership Development and Organizations 3 cr.
- PA 545 Management of Nonprofit Organizations 3 cr.
- PA 600 Ethical Foundations of Authority and Responsibility 3 cr.
Elective (select one) 3 cr.
- PA 542 Social Policy 3 cr.
- PA 543 The Nonprofit and Nongovernmental Sectors 3 cr.
Total credits 12 hours