About the ProgramDeclaration of the Athletic Training major requires prior approval from the Office of Admissions.
Located in Kansas City, Park University is one of the few colleges that offers athletic training in the state of Missouri. Our Athletic Training Education Program is accredited by CAATE (Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.) The major provides students with a variety of courses and practical experiences related to the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Students must submit a formal application to be admitted to this program. Acceptance is based on a minimum overall grade point average, success in designated professional courses, recommendations, athletic training competencies and proficiencies, and a minimum completion of observational hours under the direct supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, students are eligible to take the Board of Certification exam.
Program OutcomesView statistics for the successful completion of the Board of Certification (BOC) Examination by Park University graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training.
More About Athletic Training
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Board of Certification, Inc.
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Mid-America Athletic Trainers' Association
- Missouri Athletic Trainers' Association
- Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers' Association
- Professional Football Athletic Trainers' Association
Areas Of EducationStudents learn professional skills in the following areas:
- Risk management and injury prevention
- Pathology and acute care of injuries and illness
- Orthopedic clinical examination and diagnosis
- Medical conditions and disabilities
- Therapeutic modalities
- Conditioning, rehabilitative exercise and referral
- Psychosocial intervention and referral
- Nutritional aspects of injuries and illnesses
- Health care administration
For further information regarding the overall goals and objectives of the Athletic Training Undergraduate Program, download the policies and procedures manual.