About the Process
Park University complies with all Federal regulations (e.g., 45 CFR 46) with respect to the ethical treatment and protection of human and animal research participants. Park University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) oversees the ethical conduct of research at Park University. Park University is registered with the U.S. Federal Government’s Office of Human Research Protections (IORG Identifier IORG0003602).
For purposes of IRB approval, research can be divided into three categories:
- Exempt from IRB review
- Expedited review
- Full board review
Application Submission and Review Process
- An applicant fills out and submits the IRB Application Form within MyPark.
- If the applicant is a Park University faculty or staff member, the application is sent directly to the IRB for review. If the applicant is a student or a person not directly affiliated with Park University:
- The applicant must provide a faculty sponsor from Park University. The applicant can select their faculty sponsor within the application form.
- The application is sent to the faculty sponsor for review.
- If the application is rejected by the faculty sponsor, the applicant is notified and may edit their application for resubmission. If the application is approved by the faculty sponsor, the application is sent to the IRB for review.
- When a decision is made by the IRB, the applicant and the faculty sponsor, if there is one, will be notified about the decision. If the application is rejected, the applicant may edit their application for resubmission.