Sept. 9, 2013 — Park University will host a weekend of events for families later this month to celebrate its annual Alumni Weekend and Harvest Fest. The events are scheduled for Friday, Sept. 20, and Saturday, Sept. 21, on the University’s Parkville Campus.
The public is invited to a number of events throughout the weekend, including a free Park Family Fun Day, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21, at Julian Field. The day will feature an inflatable pirate ship bounce house, face painting, “Pirate Test of Strength” (sumo wrestling suits), photo booth, magician, palm and tarot card readers, balloons and a fire truck from the Southern Platte (Co., Mo.) Fire Protection District. A family picnic is also scheduled from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., offering hamburgers, hot dogs and kabobs for purchase. A full schedule is available at www.park.edu/funday.
Other Alumni Weekend and Harvest Fest events to which the public is invited:
Friday, Sept. 20
• Alumni Association Awards Luncheon — noon, Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel. --- The awards ceremony honors the 2013 Distinguished Alumni (Bob Kendrick, ’85 and Jeanette Prenger, ’09), Park Promising Young Professional (Sarah Hopkins-Chery, ’07, ’09) and Torchlighter Award (Louise Morden, Former member of Park’s Board of Trustees and current honorary trustee). Tickets are $25 per person and can be purchased at www.park.edu/alumni/awardsluncheon/.
• Baseball Alumni Game — 3 p.m., Comfort Field
• Softball Alumni Game — 4 p.m., Park Softball Complex
• Women’s Alumni Basketball Game — 5:30 p.m., Breckon Sports Center, West Dome
• Women’s Alumni Volleyball Game — 5:30 p.m., Breckon Sports Center, East Dome
• Men’s Alumni Basketball Game — 6:30 p.m., Breckon Sports Center, West Dome
• Men’s Alumni Volleyball Game — 6:30 p.m., Breckon Sports Center, East Dome
Saturday, Sept. 21
• Park Family Breakfast Buffet — 7:30 to 10 a.m., American Legion Post 318, 11 Main St., Parkville. --- $6 for adults, $3 for children 7 to 12 years old; 6 and under are free.
• “Things That Move” Pirate Parade — 10:30 a.m., begins at Hawley Hall. --- Join the parade as students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends show their Park spirit on a walk across campus to Julian Field. Kids and wagons/strollers are welcome to join the parade. Spectator seating is available along the route, and prizes will be given for the best costumes.
• Kids Basketball Clinic — 11 a.m. to noon, Breckon Sports Center. --- The clinic is free, but donations to the team are appreciated. Participants receive a T-shirt and instruction from members of Park’s basketball teams. To sign up, send your child’s name, age and T-shirt size to email@example.com.
• Women’s Alumni Soccer Game — 11 a.m., Julian Field
• Men’s Alumni Soccer Game — noon, Julian Field
• Maroon and Gold Men’s Soccer Intrasquad Game — 1 p.m., Julian Field
• Crowning of Harvest Fest Royalty — 1:45 p.m., Julian Field
• Kids Soccer Clinic — 3 to 4 p.m., Julian Field. --- The clinic is free, but donations to the team are appreciated. Participants receive a T-shirt and instruction from members of Park’s soccer teams. To sign up, send your child’s name, age and T-shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Alumni Weekend and Harvest Fest, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (816) 584-6207 or email@example.com.
Clicking the "Submit" button above constitutes your express written consent to be called and/or texted by Park University at the number(s) you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand that these calls may be generated using automated technology.