Sept. 6, 2013 — Park University’s International Center for Music is collaborating with the Owen/Cox Dance Group to present Petrouchka, a contemporary dance work set to Russian composer, Igor Stravinsky’s “Trois Mouvements de Petrouchka,” on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 22, at 2 p.m. in the Polsky Theatre at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kan.
ICM students scheduled to perform are:
• Artem Aleksanyan, freshman applied music/piano major, performing the second movement of “Sonata K.576” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
• Elizabeth Codd, pursing a Master of Music degree in violin performance, performing “Nocturne in C-Sharp Minor” by Frédéric Chopin
• Sunnat Ibragimov, pursing a Master of Music degree in cello performance, “Cello Suite No. 6” by Johann Sebastian Bach
• Mansur Kadirov, senior applied music/cello, performing the intermezzo of “Concerto in D Minor” by Édouard Lalo
• Artem Kuznetsov, senior applied music/piano major, performing “Barcarolle Op. 60” and “Polonaise Op. 26, No. 1” by Chopin
• Fabio Peixoto, pursing a Master of Music degree in violin performance, performing the finale of “Violin Concerto No. 2” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
In addition, Lolita Lisovskaya-Sayevich, ICM instructor of music/piano, will collaborate with Codd, Kadirov and Peixoto on their selected pieces. Maria Ioudenitch, violinist and daughter of ICM artistic director and associate professor of music/piano Stanislav Ioudenitch, will perform “Sonata for Violin Solo – ‘Ballade’ in D Minor, Op. 27, No. 3,” by Eugène Ysaÿe.
Tickets for the concert are $20 for general admission and $10 for students with a valid student ID. Special VIP tickets, which include priority seating and a Saturday evening reception with the performers, are $50. Tickets are available online at www.owencoxdance.org or by calling (913) 469-4445. For more information about the event, contact Jennifer Owen, Owen/Cox co-artistic director, at email@example.com or (816) 931-1277.