The Office of Student Life at Park University has announced those students who have been appointed to serve as resident assistants and first-year experience mentors during the 2015-16 academic year.
Resident assistants serve as the primary contact and resource for an assigned residential community. In addition, they facilitate campus involvement and serve as role models academically and socially to the entire student body. First-year experience mentors make up the primary staff for the First-Year Experience Program. The mentors are assigned to first-year course sections, where they implement lateral learning opportunities. Their duty is to connect in-classroom lessons with outside-the-classroom experiences on the University’s Parkville Campus. Additionally, the mentors serve as role models, demonstrating appropriate academic and personal behavior, and promote retention by advising new students through first-year development issues.
The 2015-16 resident assistant staff (name, major, hometown and high school attended [if known]):
• James Berry, sophomore athletic training major, Olathe, Kan. (attended Olathe North High School)
• Steven Crooke, sophomore social work major, Conroe, Texas
• David Jackson, sophomore criminal justice/law enforcement major, Hazelwood, Mo. (attended Hazelwood West High School)
• Anna Jahn, junior psychology major, Göettingen, Germany
• Airik Leon, junior communication arts/journalism major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended East High School)
• Kara Lough, sophomore elementary education major, Wentzville, Mo. (attended Wentzville Holt High School)
• Anna Menninger, sophomore criminal justice administration/corrections major, Platte City, Mo. (attended Platte County High School)
• Sadie Mohr, 2014 graduate and current Master of Social Work student, Hale, Mo. (attended Hale High School)
• Doreen Nakagiri, sophomore information and computer science/software engineering major, Kampala, Uganda
• Ayla Parham, sophomore secondary education major, Rogersville, Mo. (attended Clever [Mo.] High School)
• Moira Potter, sophomore social psychology major, St. Charles, Mo.
• Tobias Styrstrom, junior business administration/international business major, Mariehamn, Finland
• Rory Tucker, sophomore psychology major, Vermillion, S.D. (attended Vermillion High School)
The 2015-16 first-year experience mentors (name, major, hometown and high school attended [if known]):
• Fasli Amikishiyev, senior accounting major, Baku, Azerbaijan
• Lina Baquero, senior business administration/international business major, Cali, Colombia
• Bridget Barta, sophomore secondary education major, Monett, Mo. (attended Monett High School)
• Baili Beachner, freshman undecided major, Grain Valley, Mo. (attended Grain Valley High School)
• Derek Braun, sophomore graphic design major, Parkville, Mo.
• Kenneth-John Courtney, freshman secondary education major, Bowmanville, Ontario
• Doug Dowell, sophomore business administration/management, Olathe, Kan. (attended Blue Valley West High School, Overland Park, Kan.)
• Chloe Durand, junior communication arts/journalism major, Carrières-sous-Poissy, France
• Troy Elliott, junior secondary education major, Smithville, Mo. (attended Smithville High School)
• Peter Franck, junior elementary education, Wentzville, Mo. (attended Wentzville Holt High School)
• Emma Givens, sophomore business administration/marketing major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended Raytown [Mo.] High School)
• Alayna Howard, sophomore secondary education major, Kingston, Mo. (attended Cameron [Mo.] High School)
• Taylor Miller, sophomore undecided major, Katy, Texas (attended Katy High School)
• Jasmin Mir, junior political science major, Pohnpei, Micronesia
• Sebastien Pean, sophomore fitness and wellness major, Davie, Fla.
• Nyshele Posey, sophomore biology major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended Liberty [Mo.] High School)
• Anna Ruckman, junior graphic design major, Lee’s Summit, Mo. (attended Lee’s Summit West High School)
• Haley Weatherford, sophomore business administration/marketing, Lee’s Summit, Mo. (attended Blue Springs [Mo.] South High School)