Park University ranked among top least expensive schools by U.S. News & World Report
Accolades related to Park University’s affordability continue to mount. Last month, Park was ranked among the top private colleges/universities in the country for annual return on investment percentage, according to the 2015 PayScale College ROI Report
. On Sept. 9, U.S. News & World Report announced that Park had the ninth least-expensive tuition and fees
among private colleges/universities in the country for the 2015-16 academic year. Park is the highest-ranked college/university on the list that does not have a religious affiliation.
University earns Champions of Character gold award from NAIA
Park University has long been recognized as a Champions of Character Five-Star Institution by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, but in 2014-15, the Pirates stepped up as an institution, going from the bronze level in 2013-14 to a gold award winner in 2014-15. The NAIA's Champions of Character program represents five core character values — respect, integrity, responsibility, servant leadership and sportsmanship. To earn gold status, an institution must total at least 90 of a possible 100 points. Coaches and staff are also expected to partake in code of ethics and coaches code training, as well as a series of online videos that help coaches teach the values of the Champions of Character program to their student-athletes. Park is one of just 29 NAIA institution to earn the gold level. Read more at www.parkathletics.com/article/846.php
Park University’s Homecoming/Alumni Weekend set for Sept. 18-19
All members of the Park University community are invited to participate in the University’s Homecoming and Alumni Weekend 2015
festivities, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 18-19. Highlights of the weekend include:FRIDAY
• Annual Alumni Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Hotel President, 1329 Baltimore Ave., Kansas City, Mo. The Park University Alumni Association will honor the following four stellar individuals: Jack Fowler, ’54, Distinguished Alumnus Award; Tim Decker, ’82, Marlowe Sherwood Memorial Service Award; Wayne Wilbourn II, ’10, Park Promising Young Professional Award; and Ed Bradley, chair of the Park University School of Business Advisory Council and longtime Park athletics supporter. Tickets are $30 each. The University will provide free bus transportation to the luncheon, departing the Parkville Campus at 11 a.m.
• Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony for Ellen Finley Earhart Department of Nursing’s new home, 3 p.m. in the Academic Expansion Space in the Parkville Commercial Underground. Join nursing faculty, students, alumni and invited guests in visiting the new space and celebrating a major milestone — the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing’s accreditation of Park’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Completion program.
• Women’s volleyball match vs. Hannibal-LaGrange University, 7 p.m., Breckon Sports CenterSATURDAY
• Women’s/men’s soccer matches vs. Freed-Hardeman University, noon/2 p.m., Julian Field
• Crowning of the 2015 Homecoming Court, halftime of men’s soccer match, approximately 3 p.m., Julian Field
• Park VIP (Very Important Pirate) Tent at Riverside Music Fest, 6-10 p.m., E.H. Young Riverfront Park, Riverside, Mo. Event will feature a performance by 1980s greats The Romantics and local bands, a fireworks show, and family-friendly games and activities. While the Riverside Music Fest is free, tickets for the Park VIP Tent are $10 and a limited number of spots are still available.
For a complete schedule of Homecoming/Alumni Weekend 2015 events or to register, visit http://advancing.park.edu/pages/alumni/awe15
Park online programs earn rankings
Park University’s Master of Arts in Communication and Leadership
online program has been ranked among the top online master’s programs in communication and public relations. The online MACL program is ranked No. 15 on NonprofitCollegesOnline.com’s Best Online Master’s in Communication and Public Relations – Students Before Profits Award list
. The award was created to promote nonprofit colleges and universities offering online degree programs that put students before profits and education before the bottom line.