As part of Park University’s recent Homecoming Weekend festivities, six Park students were announced as royalty during halftime of the men’s soccer game against Lyon College on Sept. 17. The student body nominated candidates who wrote an essay on how they represent the University’s core values — accountability, civility and respect, excellence, global citizenship, inclusivity and integrity — with the winners selected by a committee of faculty and staff. This year’s royalty:
• Queen — Emily Key, junior fitness and wellness major, Wolverhampton, England
• King — Nathan Stegemann, senior biology major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended Park Hill High School)
• Princess — Alayna Howard, senior communication arts/public relations and English writing major, Kingston, Mo. (attended Cameron [Mo.] High School)
• Prince — James Boyer, sophomore business administration/international business major, Kansas City, Mo.
• Duchess — Iroda Narzullaeva, sophomore information and computer science/software engineering major, Samarkand, Uzbekistan
• Duke — Rafael Castanada, freshman business administration/marketing major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended Cristo Rey High School)