The artwork of a trio of Park University seniors will be on display in the Campanella Gallery on the University’s Parkville Campus from Monday, Dec. 5, through Friday, Jan. 27. A reception will be held on Friday, Dec. 9, from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Gallery.
The students exhibiting their work are: Troy Elliott, fine art and secondary education/K-12 fine art major, Smithville, Mo. (attended Smithville High School); Kylie Gordon, secondary education/K-12 fine art major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended Raymore-Peculiar High School, Peculiar, Mo.); and Emma Martino, fine art and secondary education/K-12 fine art major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended North Kansas City [Mo.] High School).
According to Andrea Lee, Ph.D., director of the Campanella Gallery and assistant professor of art, design and interdisciplinary studies, Elliott’s ceramic work is inspired by haute couture fashion of designer Christian Dior. Elliott seeks to connect couture clothing with simplistic ceramic design through suggesting elements of form and embellishment, including high heels, coats and flowers. Gordon’s body of art represents select works, including newer work in watercolor. Her self-portraits demonstrate analysis of form through color, and her skills in multiple mediums, such as acrylic and collage. Her recent watercolors combine the structure of form, often based on the circle, along with the lyrical fluidity of color found in this medium. Martino’s works are in a variety of media, suggesting narrative and emotion, often based on the human form and personal expression.
Admission to the Campanella Gallery is free. Due to finals week, classes being on hiatus for the winter break and the beginning of the spring semester, Norrington Center will have a varied hours as follows:
• Dec. 5-11 — Regular hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, 4 to 9:30 p.m.
• Dec. 12-22 — Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, closed
• Dec. 23-26 — Closed
• Dec. 27-30 — Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Dec. 31-Jan. 2 — Closed
• Jan. 3-15 — Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, closed
• Jan. 16 — Closed
• Jan. 17-27 — Regular hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, 4 to 9:30 p.m.
For more information on the exhibit, contact Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 584-6457.