Bachelor of Science -
Information and Computer Science/Data Management
The Information and Computer Science (ICS) curriculum prepares students for a
broad range of computer opportunities in industry as well as in graduate
studies. ICS students choose one or more specialty areas from among these four
options: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Management, or Networking
and Security. Depending on their chosen specialty area, ICS graduates are well
prepared for these industry positions: Web programmer, applications programmer,
systems analyst, information technology (IT) project manager, database analyst,
or network analyst.
Requirements for Admission
For information on applying, call 1-877-505-1059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will need to complete at least 30 semester hours through Park University, with 15 hours in their major in order to receive a degree from Park University.
See the Online Learning Admissions Process web
page for detailed information about our application and admissions
A total of 120 credit hours are required for degree
completion. Fifty-nine to sixty-six (59-66) credits are in the major field
distributed as follows:
- CS151 Introduction to Programming 3 cr.
- CS208 Discrete Mathematics 3 cr.
- CS219 Programming Fundamentals 3 cr.
- CS225 Programming Concepts 3 cr.
- CS300 Technology in a Global Society 3 cr.
- CS321 Web Programming I 3 cr.
- CS365 Computer Networking 3 cr.
- CS373 Computer Network Security 3 cr.
- IS205 Managing Information Systems 3 cr.
- IS361 Data Management Concepts 3 cr.
- MA120 Basic Concepts of Statistics 3 cr.
- MA135 College Algebra 3 cr.
or MA141 Trigonometry 3 cr.
or MA150 Precalculus Mathematics 3 cr.
or MA210 Calculus and Analytic Geometry 3 cr.
or MA221 Calculus and Analytic Geometry for Majors I 3 cr.
- AC201 Principles of Accounting I 3 cr.
- CS314 User Interface Design 3 cr.
- CS352 Data Structures 3 cr.
- IS315 Computer Systems Analysis & Design I 3 cr.
- IS362 Applied Database Management 3 cr.
- MG352 Principles of Management 3
- MG365 Organizational Behavior 3 cr.
Select two courses from this list:
- AC202 Principles of Accounting II 3 cr.
- CA104 Interpersonal Communication I 3 cr.
- CS322 Web Programming II 3 cr.
- EC315 Quantitative Research Methods 3 cr.
- HR422 Organizational Development and Change 3 cr.
- IS316 Computer Systems Analysis & Design II 3 cr.
- MK351 Principles of Marketing 3 cr.
- MK385 Consumer Behavior 3 cr.
- MK453 Marketing Research & Information Systems 3 cr.
Successfully complete the liberal education requirements as described in the university catalog.
^ Back to the Top