|Park home page > Registrar's Office > Articulation Agreements > Colorado Community College System|
Please address questions or comments about the web site to email@example.com
Memorandum of Understanding
Between Colorado Community College System and Park University
This formal Memorandum of Understanding is made and entered into by the Colorado Community College System hereinafter referred to as CCCS, and Park University, hereinafter referred to as Park. By this Memorandum of Understanding CCS and Park express a shared commitment to increasing opportunities for student access to and success in higher education. By clarifying transfer policies and procedures, which assure articulation between programs, the institutions seek to assist students in making a seamless transfer from the associate to the baccalaureate degree.
The purpose of the MOU is to enable CCS students who transfer to Park University with an Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice to be recognized as having achieved junior status at Park University, and to allow students to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice Administration.
The MOU provides a structure through which transfer articulation on all levels can be supported. This MOU is with CCS as a whole and not with individual institutions within the institution. Therefore, courses taken by students at any CCS college are considered equally transferable to Park and a course equivalency guide will be maintained on the Park University website for student’s use.
Section I: Admissions and matriculation
CCS students maintaining continuous enrollment under this MOU will be afforded the same treatment and protection as Park University students enrolled under a specific catalog.
Criteria for acceptance into Park University will be the same for transfer as for native students.
CCS, upon written request of students, will provide verification of completed courses to Park University through its Office of Admissions and Records. The transcript of students transferring from CCS will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office at Park.
Transfer students from CCS who are admitted to Park University will have access to Park University financial aid, scholarships, and student services on the same basis as all other Park University students.
Minimum grade of “C” in all courses must be maintained to qualify for transfer under this agreement. Completion of the residency requirement: 30 hours of earned and graded college hours at Park University. At least 15 of these 30 hours must be in the major core.
Park University will apply the same academic progress and graduation standards to CCS transfer students as those applicable to all other students at Park University.
Section II: Transfer of Credit
A maximum of 75 credit hours will be accepted by Park University from CCS to be applied to the Park University baccalaureate degree.
Transfer students from CCS, upon acceptance into the Criminal Justice Administration program at Park University, will have junior standing at Park University.
Section III: Degree Plan
The Park University degree plan outlines degree completion requirements for each student and is available on the Park University website. The degree plan is a written agreement between the student and the appropriate undergraduate program. It sets forth the academic requirements for the degree.
MAXIMUM AGE OF ASSOCIATE DEGREE
There is no expiration date on Associate of Applied Science degree or on credits earned from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
THE TRANSFER PROCESS
Park University will accept transfer credits for all of the course work, of an earned A.A. or A.S. degree toward fulfillment of Park University core requirements and toward the Park University Bachelor of Arts degree requirement of 122 semester hours or a Bachelor of Science degree requirement of 120 semester hours subject to the following provisions:
· All CCS transfer student applicants must meet the admissions standards as outlined in this MOU (these requirements may differ from those found in other documents and publications).
· Students who are transferring as part of the Park University criminal justice program must have a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average as verified by an official transcript from XXX.
· Students transferring individual courses to Park University must have earned a grade of “C“ or better in the specified course.
A minimum of thirty (30) graded semester hours must be successfully completed at Park University. Credits earned through Portfolio (Prior Learning Assessment) or credits by examination are not included in this 30-hour minimum.
TRANSFER APPEALS PROCEDURES
Any student who wishes to challenge a transfer decision may submit a written appeal to the appropriate Park University dean.
OBLIGATIONS OF (partnering institution)
For its role in the transfer program, CCS will:
· On an annual basis, review the contents of this MOU and recommend any changes to Park University.
· Support the marketing effort by promoting the programs through student, alumni and community publications/media and through the marketing staffs of each institution.
· Where allowed within the policies and procedures of CCS, provide Park University with access to potential graduates to enable Park to market and promote the online degrees. Examples would include but not be limited to invitations to career and college fairs, opportunities to distribute materials on campus, opportunities to communicate electronically to potential students via their CCS electronic mail addresses, and providing space on bulletin boards. Any contact with potential students will be carried out within limits to be determined by XXX and Park University.
· Provide Park University the opportunity to advertise in CCS publications.
· Provide Park University with the opportunity to train/orient staff at CCS as necessary to support the programs at each CCS location.
· Designate administrative, academic and student service personnel who will act as a liaison to their counterparts at Park University.
· Advise, assist and support strategically and at the policy level Park University’s efforts to provide quality education through ground based and distance education to students graduating from CCS.
OBLIGATIONS OF PARK
The obligations of Park University in carrying out this agreement include the following:
· Provide academic advising to CCS students once they are registered with Park University.
· Provide materials, catalogs, and other information to CCS advisors to facilitate their understanding of Park University criminal justice program requirements.
· Provide CCS with periodic reports on its former students enrolled in Park University programs as requested.
· Develop, distribute, and ensure the accuracy of all transfer articulation products (e.g., Course Equivalency Guide).
There will be an annual evaluation process of the program supported by this MOU. That evaluation will include representatives of both CCS and Park University. Either party may request a more frequent review in response to curricular changes and other institutional changes and conditions. The party initiating such change will communicate it in a timely manner to the other party. The information obtained from the evaluation will be used to improve the transfer process for the benefit of students.
TERM AND MODIFICATION
This MOU will be in effect until terminated by either CCS or Park University. Either party may terminate this MOU by submitting written notification one year prior to the identified cancellation date in order to protect all students transferring between these institutions. Any modifications to the MOU must be in writing and signed by both parties. CCS students in the process of applying to Park University at the time of cancellation will be allowed to complete the application process and, if accepted, proceed toward obtaining their degree.
This MOU is effective only under the condition that both transferring institutions maintain current accreditation by a regional accrediting association as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. In the event either institution loses its accreditation, this MOU will immediately terminate.
Colorado Community College System and Park University hereby enter into this Memorandum of Understanding leading from the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Criminal Justice to the Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice Administration by the affixing of signatures of the chief executive officers of both institutions.
Dr. Nancy McCallin, President 12/22/09
Colorado Community College System
Thimios Zaharopoulos, Ph.D. 12/3/09