Park.edu Home > Enrollment Services and Student Assistance Center
What happens at the first advising appointment?
1. Appointments usually last 45-60 minutes.
2. You will discuss your degree plan and requirements.
3. You will register in courses for your first semester.
4. You can discuss your academic goals with your adviser.
5. You will be introduced to many of the resources you will need while a student at Park University.
6. You are not expected to already know everything, be willing to view the academic advising process as a learning experience that will take a little time to understand everything.
7. Questions/Answer session
8. Most importantly be prepared to be an active participant in the advising process. The more
information you can provide your adviser, the better the adviser will be able to assist you in reaching your academic goals.