If you need answers right away to questions about federal student aid, call the appropriate number listed below at the Federal Student Aid Information Center between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday through Friday: 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243), This a toll-free number.
The Information Center can:
- Assist you in completing the FAFSA.
- Tell you whether a school participates in the federal student aid program and that school's student loan default rate.
- Explain federal student aid eligibility requirements.
- Explain the process of determining financial need and awarding aid.
- Send federal student aid publications.
- Find out if your federal student financial aid application has been processed.
- Request a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Provide notification of a change in your address.
- Have your application information sent to a specific school.
If your hearing-impaired, you may call 1-800-730-8913, which is a TDD number at the Information Center. Call this number for help with any federal student aid questions you may have.
Information on Veteran Benefits
General Contact Information
- VA Benefits : 1-800-827-1000
for information about Home Loans, Disability, Medical Care, Burial, Life Insurance, and Sexual Trauma)
- Life Insurance : 1-800-669-8477
- Education (GI BILL) : 1-888-442-4551
- Health Care Benefits : 1-877-222-8387
- Income Verification and Means Testing : 1-800-929-8387
- Mammography Help line : 1-888-492-7844
- Gulf War/Agent Orange Help line : 1-800-749-8387
- Status of Headstone and Markers : 1-800-697-6947
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) : 1-800-829-4833
- CHAMPA Contact Information : Web: http://www.va.gov/hac/champva/
Mail : VA Health Administration Center
PO Box 65023
Denver, CO 80206-9023
For health care services, contact your nearest VA medical facility. To locate the nearest VA medical facility, go online to:http://www.va.gov/sta/guide/division.asp?divisionId=1