Tuition and Fees

Academic Withdrawal Policy

Park reserves the right to withdraw a student from a class(es) if the student does not meet his/her financial obligation or fails to attend classes. Any student failing to attend a class(es) for two consecutive weeks, without approved excuse, will be administratively withdrawn and notified by mail that a grade of "F" will be recorded. Excused absences can be granted by the instructor for medical reasons, school sponsored activities, and employment-related demands including temporary duty.

There are two types of withdrawal, official and administrative. An official withdrawal begins when the student initiates the withdrawal process. Refunds of tuition are based on this date. If a student fails to initiate the withdrawal process, and is withdrawn for nonattendance, this is an administrative withdrawal. In this case, refunds of tuition will be based on the last date of attendance, if known, or the mid-point of the semester or term.

Students must officially withdraw from a class(es) no later than two-thirds of the way through the term in order to receive a "W." If a student does not officially withdraw by this time, a grade of "F" will be recorded.

In order to "officially" withdraw: Students enrolled through the traditional 16-week program must initiate a total withdrawal from all classes and/or residence halls in the Office of the Registrar before any academic withdrawal can be made. Students enrolled in an accelerated 8 or 9 week program must initiate their withdrawal with the appropriate site administrator. Students continuing enrollment but wishing to withdraw from an individual class must do so at their home site. Withdrawals by telephone will not be accepted.

When a student withdraws from all classes in an enrollment period, and that student has received federal financial assistance, federal regulations require that calculation be performed to determine if any federal funds must be returned. This is referred to as a Returned to Title IV calculation. If it is determined that funds need to be returned, they will be returned in the following order:

A school must return Title IV funds to the programs from which the student received aid during the payment period or period of enrollment as applicable, in the following order, up to the net amount disbursed from each source:

  • Unsubsidized Direct Stafford loans (other than PLUS loans
  • Subsidized Direct Stafford loans
  • Federal Perkins loans
  • Federal PLUS loans
  • Direct PLUS loans
  • Federal Pell Grants for which a Return is required
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) for which a return of funds is required
  • Federal TEACH Grants for which a Return is required
  • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant for which a Return is required.