Understanding Financial Aid


You must meet all of the following requirements to receive financial aid:

  1. Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
  2. Be enrolled a minimum of half-time each semester or term.
  3. Be making satisfactory academic progress according to Park University standards.
  4. Not owe a refund on any federal educational grant or be default on any federally sponsored loan program.
  5. Have a high school diploma or GED, or have completed secondary school in a home school setting.
  6. If required, be registered with Selective Service.

To receive other financial aid, you must meet the specific requirements for each type of aid. See below for specific requirements. 


Based on the information you provide on the Free Application for Federal Aid, our financial aid specialists will prepare your financial aid package.

Using an established formula (financial need = COA – EFC) which is a result of the cost of attending (COA) Park University, minus your expected family contribution (EFC), determines your financial need. Your financial need is what can be met in terms of gift-aid and self-help aid. The expected family contribution (EFC) is the result of your processed FAFSA and is your expected contribution towards your own education.

Park University will then assess the $8,500 in financial needs with your financial aid package combing loans, grants, work-study, and/or scholarships.

Pell Grants

Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need and have not earned a bachelor’s, graduate, or professional degree. A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid, except under certain circumstances. For more information, visit Federal Pell Grants.


When you are admitted to Park University and your financial aid paperwork is completed and on file, you will receive an award notification including all aid you are eligible to receive. Some aid processes are completed at various times during the year and if you become eligible to receive additional funding, a new award notification will be sent. Some types of additional aid may require adjustment of aid you have already received.

You are responsible for providing your Campus Center Administrator all funding forms required for confirmation each term.

Types of Financial Aid

  1. PELL Grant – determined by the EFC calculated from your FAFSA information; Undergraduate only
  2. Supplemental Grant (SEOG) – determined by the EFC and need/highest tuition; Undergraduate only; must be PELL recipient
  3. Iraq and Afghanistan Grant – parent or guardian was in the Armed Forces and died in military service after September 11, 2001
  4. TEACH Grant – requires specific classes taken and specific jobs after graduation to prevent grant from becoming a loan that must be repaid with interest
  5. Federal Work Study – campus-directed, limited funding for high need students that provides employment on campus (in some cases off campus positions are available)
  6. Perkins Loan – campus-directed, limited federal loan funding allocated for high need students
  7. Direct Stafford Loan Program – federal student loan program, funding must be paid back including interest
  8. Direct Parent Loan Program – federal loan program for parents of dependent students, requires a credit check-funding must be paid back including interest
  9. Direct Grad Loan Program – federal loan program for Graduate students – requires a credit check – funding must be paid back including interest
  10. Private Loan Programs – non-federal loans made by a lender such as a bank, credit union or state agency, requires a credit check—funding must be paid back including interest
  • Access Missouri Grant
  • Bright Flight Program
  • Marguerite Ross Barnett Program
  • Minority Teaching
  • Additional as eligible
  • Department of Defense (please contact your Education Officer on base)
  • Individual Employer Tuition Reimbursement Programs
  • The Veterans Administration


  1. To be considered for federal financial aid, federal regulations require that you must be admitted to Park University as a degree-seeking student. Please check with the Office of Admissions or your Campus Center to ensure you have been admitted into a degree program.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
    The FAFSA is the financial aid application required. Call the Federal Financial Aid number for assistance at 1-800-433-3243. The deadline to submit a FAFSA for the Fall Term is May 1st. We recommend submitting the FAFSA as soon as possible. Park University Title IV School Code is 002498 and must be used when completing Step Six of the FAFSA.
  3. Enrollment: Federal sources of financial aid require that you be enrolled at least half time, with the exception of Pell grant which may be paid to a student who is enrolled less than half-time at certain levels of EFC (expected family contribution). Some Park University funding requires full-time enrollment to be eligible.

Send financial aid correspondence to:

Park University
Student Financial Services  Box 44
8700 NW River Park Drive
Parkville, Missouri 64152-3795

Phone: (816) 584-6290
Fax: (816) 584-2512

Park University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

Park University is a private, non-profit, institution of higher learning since 1875.