JOHN HAMILTON, PH.D.
Associate Professor of Criminal Justice Administration
Ph.D. – Public Administration and Adult Education
- Retired at the rank of Major from the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department after 26 ½ years of service.
- Extensive experience in Community Policing and Problem Solving.
- Attended the Senior Management Institute for Police at Boston University.
- Member of the Board of Directors for Synergy Services, Inc.
EUGENE MATTHEWS, PH.D.
Ph.D. – Public Safety: Criminal Justice
- Dr. Matthews is an associate professor whose areas of expertise include criminal justice, and security. As the former Chief of Police Intelligence Operations (PIO) training for the U.S. Army Military Police School, Ft Leonard Wood, MO, he was responsible for the development and implementation of PIO for the Army.
- Since retiring from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigations Division, as a Special Agent, Dr. Matthews has developed and taught face to face, online, and blended courses covering basic and advanced criminal justice topics. He has also taught undergraduate and graduate courses in Forensics, Crime Analysis, Leadership for Law Enforcement, and Criminal Profiling.
- In 2012 he received the Missouri Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching. Based on his contributions to the academic field of criminal justice.
- His organizational memberships include the International Association of Crime Analysts Curriculum Development Committee, the Mid-America Regional Crime Analysis Network, International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts, Center for Homeland Defense and Security, and the University and Agency Partnership Initiative.
(816) 584 -6518