Transfer Student Admissions

Make your move

No matter where you began your education, you’ll find a place at Park University. Whether you’re transferring from a community college, returning to school after raising a family or transitioning from military service, you’ll join a like-minded, supportive community of learners. Busy parents and working professionals can take advantage of flexible schedules and locations. We offer accredited, leading-edge programs at our flagship Parkville, Missouri, campus, our Gilbert campus and at our 41 campus centers nationwide, as well as online.

Are you a transfer student?

If you’ve attended college classes after graduating high school or earned your GED, apply to Park as a transfer student.

Transfer student admission requirements

  • You must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA in all previous college study.
  • If you’ve earned less than 60 hours of college credit, you must also submit an official high school transcript or GED.
  • If you don’t meet the above criteria, you may be considered on an individual basis by the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs.
  • Additional requirements are required for Nursing and Education transfer students.

No applicant will be denied admission on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran’s status.

Transferring to Park University

Park has articulation agreements with many colleges and universities. We also accept transfer credit from regionally accredited institutions for individual courses, as well as full associate degrees. Use our Registrar’s site to learn more about transferable courses.

If you hold an associate degree (excluding AAS) that required a minimum of 60 hours for completion, Park will allow you to apply that credit toward the General Education requirements of your bachelor’s degree program. A maximum of 75 hours from all two-year schools can be applied toward your Park undergraduate degree.

students at table

Military and veteran transfer students

We award credit earned in formal military service school based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education’s Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (ACE Guide). The credit is awarded if it is applicable to a student’s degree program and in keeping with Park’s basic educational philosophy.

We award four credit hours to students who have successfully completed basic military training. If you’re enlisted personnel, you may receive additional credit based on your military occupational specialty/skill level. If you’re commissioned personnel, you may be awarded up to a maximum of 20 credit hours. We also offer credit for Validated Learning Equivalency, which may be awarded for educational experiences. To apply for this credit, you must provide documentation and a recommendation from an appropriate Program Coordinator. You can apply for a maximum of 24 hours of validated learning experience.

Discover more about Park University’s military and veteran benefits.

Park University’s degree programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

Park University is a private, non-profit, institution of higher learning since 1875.