Online Education and Learning
Park University celebrates 25 years of teaching students online. Park University’s online operations began with one pilot class in English in 1996. The first class was a success and very quickly the online program found its own path for the adult student. Park University has developed over 500 courses online and offers multiple online sections per term. The online learning environment provided by Park University provides flexibility, adaptability, and convenience.
- Over 50 faculty are ACUE certified.
- Park University offers over 700 courses online
- In 2018 Stats
- 79,662 Face to Face Credit Hours
- 146,204 Online Credit Hours
- 78% of all Park students take at least one online course
- In 2018,. Park University had 8,859 Online Students (ranked 95th in the nation)
The primary difference is online classes have no set time you have to attend class. This allows you the flexibility to create your own schedule. You still participate in class, but instead of in-person lectures, it will be through weekly online assignments and discussions
No, you login to class on your schedule. Just remember the classes aren’t self-paced. You will have specific due dates for each week’s assignments.
We recommend 2 courses per 8-week term. This allows students to successfully progress through the program, while still managing to balance their school workload with the other responsibilities in their lives.
Online courses are designed to be flexible and work with your weekly schedule. The week for online class begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Most classes have discussion posts due mid-week and writing assignments or quizzes due by the end of the week.
We use Canvas for our online classroom. It is a user friendly platform that allows you to access course materials, submit assignments, view grades, and interact with instructors and classmates.
It depends entirely on the course. Not all courses have exams, but if they do, they may be open-book, timed, or proctored (either in person or virtually).
In addition to the Park University Help Desk, Canvas Technical Support is available 24/7.
Park’s Academic Support Center offers free services and resources to all Park students, including tutoring, writing assistance, disabilities accommodations, and mentoring services. Park’s Career Development Center is also available to help students with interview prep, resume and cover letter writing, internships, and career transitions.
The Academic Support Center offers the following services to online students:
- Virtual tutoring with trained Park tutors
- Electronic drop-off writing services for assistance with papers and essays
- Virtual mentoring in Park’s Step-UP program
- A Canvas course shell focusing on support resources
The Library also offers services online, such as:
- Online inter-library loan check-out
- Virtual database access and book request
- Instructional librarian access for online instructors
- Designated external Library web site
Our services are free and available to all Park students. Park University assists students from their freshman year all the way through graduate school. Please select the campus location for virtual meetings when scheduling an appointment in tutortrac. Schedule an appointment today.