Student Leaders Selected as Resident Assistants and First-Year Experience Mentors at Park UniversityMonday, March 31, 2014
March 31, 2014 — The Office of Student Life at Park University has announced its student leaders selected to be resident assistants and first-year experience mentors on the Parkville Campus for the 2014-15 academic year.
The Office of Student Life hosted a student leader selection day where student leaders had the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and leadership abilities to University staff and faculty, who then selected the candidates who fit the positions best to serve their alma mater as resident assistants and first-year experience mentors.
Resident assistants serve as the primary contact and resource for their assigned residential community. In addition, they facilitate campus involvement and serve as role models, academically and socially, to the entire student body.
The first-year experience mentors make up the primary staff for the First-Year Experience Program. The mentors are assigned to first-year course sections, where they implement lateral learning opportunities. Their duty is to connect in-classroom lessons with outside-the-classroom experiences on campus. Additionally, these mentors serve as role models, demonstrating appropriate academic and personal behavior and promote retention by advising new students through first-year development issues.
The 2014-15 resident assistant staff includes (name, year in school/major, hometown and high school attended, if known):
• Fasli Amikishiyev, senior accounting major, Baku, Azerbaijan
• Paul Bilanzic, sophomore business administration/finance major, Tinley Park, Ill. (attended Victor J. Andrew High School, Orland Hills, Ill.)
• Steven Crooke, sophomore social work major, Conroe, Texas
• Tiffany Goodier, sophomore social work major, Smithville, Mo.
• Ray Kincaid, senior elementary education major, Gladstone, Mo. (attended Winnetonka High School, Kansas City, Mo.)
• Kara Lough, sophomore elementary education major, Wentzville, Mo. (attended Wentzville Holt High School)
• Anna Menninger, sophomore criminal justice major, Platte City, Mo. (attended Platte County High School)
• Doreen Nakagiri, sophomore information and computer science/software engineering major, Parkville, Mo.
• Ayla Parham, sophomore secondary education major, Rogersville, Mo. (attended Clever [Mo.] High School)
• Moira Potter, sophomore social psychology major, Saint Charles, Mo.
• Rees Purdom, junior English writing major, Independence, Mo. (attended William Chrisman High School)
• Allie Reynolds, sophomore secondary education major, Edna, Kan. (attended Labette County High School, Altamont, Kan.)
• Arthur Vollbrecht, senior biology major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended North Kansas City [Mo.] High School)
The 2014-15 first-year mentor staff includes (name, year in school/major, hometown and high school attended, if known):
• Eduardo Ahlert, sophomore economics major, Greensboro, N.C.
• Jeremy Barnes, sophomore biology major, Buckner, Mo. (attended Fort Osage High School, Independence, Mo.)
• Jessica Bennett, senior business administration/international business major, Kansas City, Mo.
• Mikayla Fisher, junior graphic design major, Derby, Kan. (attended Rose Hill [Kan.] High School)
• Ashley Harbin, senior mathematics major, Rock Port, Mo. (attended Tarkio [Mo.] High School)
• Erin Hector, junior elementary education major, Kansas City, Mo. (attended St. Pius X High School)
• David Jackson, freshman criminal justice major, Hazelwood, Mo. (attended Hazelwood West High School)
• Dion Landis, freshman psychology major, St. Louis, Mo.
• Max Mohr, freshman business administration/management major, Hale, Mo. (attended Hale High School)
• Sadie Mohr, graduate student pursing Master of Social Work degree, Hale, Mo. (attended Hale High School)
• Vy Nguyen, sophomore business administration/international business major, Knob Noster, Mo. (attended Knob Noster High School)
• Keleigh Pack, freshman undecided major, Trimble, Mo. (attended Plattsburg [Mo.] High School)
• Bogdan Plesa, graduate student pursing Master of Business Administration degree, Kansas City, Mo.
• Tobias Styrström, sophomore business administration/international business major, Mariehamn, Finland
• Rory Tucker, freshman psychology major, Vermillion, S.D. (attended Vermillion High School)
• Torr Woodhouse, senior fitness and wellness major, Cambridge, New Zealand