The International Center for Music at Park University has announced the 2015-16 schedule for its upcoming 12th concert series season — a year that will feature internationally renowned guest artists, as well as the ICM’s own award-winning faculty and students.
The 2015-16 season kicks off on Saturday, Oct. 24, with a performance by the Halcyon Chamber Players (part of the Halcyon Music Festival), starting at 7:30 p.m. in Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel on the University’s Parkville Campus. The seventh and final concert of the season will be the International Center for Music’s Gala concert on Wednesday, May 4, starting at 8 p.m. in Helzberg Hall at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City, Mo. This concert will feature the ICM’s internationally acclaimed faculty/artists — pianists Stanislav Ioudenitch and Behzod Abduraimov, violinist Ben Sayevich and cellist Daniel Veis.
The 2015-16 ICM concert season performances (all start at 7:30 p.m. in Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel on the University’s Parkville Campus, except for the ICM Gala):
• Saturday, Oct. 24 — “Music from the Belle Epoque,” featuring members of the Halcyon Chamber Players
• Wednesday, Dec. 2 — “Side-by-Side,” featuring Park University’s ICM faculty and students
• Saturday, Feb. 13 — Piano recital by guest artist Jan Jiracek von Arnim
• Friday, Feb. 27 — “An Evening of Chamber Music,” a recital featuring ICM faculty
• Saturday, April 2 — “An Evening of Russian Music,” featuring cellist Arkadi Kuchynski
• Saturday, April 16 — “ICM Young Artist Showcase,” featuring ICM students
• Wednesday, May 4 — “ICM Gala Concert,” featuring ICM faculty/artists, 7:30 p.m., Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
For the first six concerts, season tickets are $40; individual tickets are $10; and Park University students, faculty and staff with Park ID are admitted free. Tickets for the ICM Gala Concert are not included and will go on sale at a later date. To purchase tickets, visit www.park.edu/concert.
For more information about the International Center for Music or the 2015-16 concert season, visit www.park.edu/icm.
Please note: Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel has restricted physical access. Park University wants to make available to everyone access to all programs and activities conducted in this building. Requests for physical access accommodations should be addressed in a timely manner to Park University’s Office of Campus Safety at (816) 584-6444. Park University will make all reasonable modifications to ensure that individuals with physical challenges have an equal opportunity to enjoy all programs and activities.