Park University International Center for Music Artist-in-Residence Behzod Abduraimov, whose captivating piano performances around the world have established him as one of forerunners of his generation, will perform a special benefit concert on Thursday, Nov. 3, at the 1900 Building, 1900 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Mission Woods, Kan., starting at 7:30 p.m.
The concert, a fundraising event for scholarships for students in the ICM, will be a preview of Abduraimov’s recital in Carnegie Hall’s Stern Auditorium on Thursday, Nov. 17, in New York.
Abduraimov, who won first prize at the 2009 London International Piano Competition at the age of 18, is scheduled to play the following selections at both events:
• Siciliano from “Concerto in D Minor, BWV 596” (after Vivaldi, Op. 3, No. 11; arr. Cortot), by Johann Sebastian Bach
• “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565” (arr. Busoni), by Bach
• “Moment Musicaux in A-Flat Major,” D. 780, No. 2, by Franz Schubert
• “Moment Musicaux in F Minor, D. 780, No. 3,” by Schubert
• “Piano Sonata No. 23 in F Minor, Op. 57” (Appassionata), by Ludwig van Beethoven
• “Piano Sonata No. 6 in A Major, Op. 82, by Sergei Prokofiev
• Islamey (“Oriental Fantasy”), Op. 18, by Mily Balakirev
Tickets for this special concert are $100 and includes a reception with hors d’oeuvres and beverages before and after concert. All ticket proceeds will benefit scholarships for ICM students, with 80 percent of the ticket price tax deductible. Tickets can be purchased at https://behzodabduraimov.eventbrite.com/.
For more information about the concert, contact Roger Kugler, D.M.A., director of the ICM, at email@example.com or (816) 584-6484.
WATCH THE LIVESTREAM