The April 2022 edition features a special report about the Center for Global Peace Journalism’s 10th anniversary celebration; dispatches from Kosovo, Nigeria, and East Africa; and an analysis of Western and Russian photojournalism from the Ukraine war.
The October 2021 edition celebrates the magazine’s 20th issue with a study from Dr. Jake Lynch analyzing coverage of peace journalism seminars, as well as reports from Zimbabwe, Spain, India-Pakistan, and elsewhere.
- April 2021 – A special report on the link between humanitarianism and peace journalism, as well as reports from Yemen, Afghanistan, Uganda, and elsewhere.
- October 2020 – A special report from Uganda, as well as stories about how peace journalists are overcoming Covid-19 in Sudan, Cameroon, Yemen, and elsewhere.
- April 2020 – Special coverage of what reporters covering Covid-19 can learn from peace journalism, as well as coverage of a peace journalism project in Northern Ireland. Translated into Korean by Gayeon Kim.
- October 2019 – A special report on Prof. Raj Gandhi’s visit to Park University, as well as dispatches from peace journalists from around the world.
- April 2019 – Reports from around the world, including Pakistan, South Korea, Nigeria, and Colombia. It also includes a look at the latest peace journalism books.
- April 2019 in Korean – Translated into Korean by Gayeon Kim
- October, 2018 – A special report on the safety of journalists, as well as dispatches from peace journalists from around the world.
- April, 2018 – A report on a special PJ project in Ethiopia, and features from Kenya, Austria, Nigeria, and Lebanon.
- October, 2017 – Features a look at PJ projects in Cameroon, Pakistan, and Ethiopia, Fiji, and elsewhere.
- April, 2017 – Afghanistan, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, India/Pakistan, and the U.S.
- October 2016 – Cover: Practicing reconciliation journalism in South Sudan
- April 2016 – Cover: Responsible Syrian refugee reporting in Turkey
- October 2015 – Cover: Learning about the power of PJ in Kashmir
- April 2015 – Cover: Working with Turkish journalists on covering Syrian refugees
- October 2014 – Cover: Searching for Peace Journalism in Ferguson, Missouri
- April 2014 – Cover: Planting the seeds of peace journalism in Cyprus
- October 2013 – Cover: Finding Untold Stories: Afghan Voices
- October 2013 (In Spanish) – Cover: Voces Afghanas
- April 2013 – Cover: Researching Peace Journalism-IPRA/Japan
- October 2012 – Cover: Peace Journalism in East Africa
- April 2012 – Cover: Uganda project spreads peace journalism
The Peace Journalist is a semi-annual publication of the Center for Global Peace Journalism at Park University in Parkville, Missouri. The Peace Journalist is dedicated to disseminating news and information for and about teachers, students, and practitioners of peace and conflict sensitive journalism. Submissions are welcome from all. We are seeking shorter submissions (300-500 words) detailing peace journalism projects, classes, proposals, etc. We also welcome longer submissions (800-1200 words) about peace or conflict sensitive journalism projects or programs, as well as academic works from the field.
Editor: Steven Youngblood, Director, Center for Global Peace Journalism Park University
Editorial Assistance: John Lofflin, Frank Hamilton, Jeff Smith, Carol Getty – Park University
Articles from all Peace Journalist magazines are indexed in this file.
Articles are indexed three ways: By Topic/title; By Author; and By Country/Region.
Peace Journalist Magazine Index