PREPARATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION (SOE):
The student must ensure that the Application for Admission and supporting documents for admission are complete and on file with the School of Education. The Committee on Selection, Admission, Retention & Appeals (CSARA) review complete applications at the end of each term. The requirements listed BELOW are the minimum application criteria. Meeting these requirements states that the applicant is eligible for admission consideration, but does not guarantee admission.
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS LEADING TO MO INITIAL TEACHER CERTIFICATION
- Your degree audit
- Disposition standards
- Criteria for admission to the SOE
- Completion of MA120 or MA135 or Equivalent and EN105 and EN106
- 3.00 GPA in Content Coursework
- 3.00 GPA in Education Coursework. No grade lower than “C” in Education Courses
- Passing score on a State Board of Education approved general knowledge and skills assessment; MoGEA or ACT. (Transfer students with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution are exempt.)
- Letter of recommendation (from a professor outside of the SOE or other business professional). Letter writer can submit letter here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MSHP & FBI Criminal History Background Check – Return a Waiver and Agreement Statement to email@example.com to receive the paperwork required for completing your background clearance.
- Two Disposition Forms completed by two faculty members in the SOE (student requests)
- Student Disposition Self-Evaluation Form
- Application for Admission to the SOE form completed.
NON-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS SEEKING ADMISSION/COURSEWORK FOR DESE CERTIFICATION
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- Bachelor’s degree
- Recommendation Form from Current Employer
- If employed with a school district, letter from District Human Resources verifying employment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If not employed with a school district, MSHP & FBI Criminal History Background Check – Return a Waiver and Agreement Statement to email@example.com to receive the paperwork required for completing your background clearance.
Early Childhood-Teaching Young Children
The requirements listed below are the minimum application criteria. Meeting these requirements states that the applicant is eligible for admission consideration, but does not guarantee admission.
- 2.50 GPA (Cumulative – all classes, including transfer courses)
- 2.75 GPA in core courses
- Completion of MA120 or MA135 or Equivalent and EN105, EN106, EDC220 and EDC222 (a grade of C or higher is required)
Candidates must work with the appropriate School of Education FACULTY advisor when applying to the School of Education to ensure all materials are in place. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org who is the Faculty advisor. Candidates must begin the application process no less than 2 semesters (4 terms) prior to requiring Education coursework listed as 350 or higher.
- Application for Admission to the School of Education submitted electronically.
- Two Disposition Evaluations completed by SOE faculty with dispositions rated “knows this & shows this”. Students will make the request of the faculty to complete the online assessment.
- Self-Disposition Evaluation to be completed online
- Digitally completed Recommendation by a faculty member outside of the School of Education OR by an employer.
- Official fingerprint/background check: A criminal background/fingerprint check must be completed. Any additional state background from state of field experience. Please contact Director of Field Experiences (email@example.com) for information and required documents.
8700 N.W. River Park Drive, Parkville, MO 64152-3795