English Language Proficiency Requirements
Proof of English Language Proficiency is required for admission to Park University, unless ONE of the following criteria apply:
- You are a US citizen from one of the fifty US states or Washington, D.C.
- You have permanent residency in one of the fifty US states or Washington, D.C.
If neither of those criteria apply to you, you must provide evidence of English proficiency, which involves furnishing the University with ONE of the following:
A minimum English test score exceeding one of the following:
|TOEFL IBT/Paper based||69/525||79/550|
1. An ESL Completion Certificate from an English as a Second Language program at an accredited ESL center in the United States. Suggested centers include:
– ELS – Study English for International Students / Academic English Programs Level 112
– TLC – The Language Company – Advanced Proficiency Level (L9)
2. Evidence of successful completion of 24 non-ESL credit hours from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
-Diploma or degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
-Diploma from a postsecondary educational institution where English is the principal language of instruction. In this instance, the applicant must provide evidence of at least three years of full-time enrollment in the diploma-granting institution.
3. Evidence of the following SAT or ACT scores:
– Minimum composite score of 930 on the SAT (a minimum of 310 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and a minimum of 440 in Math)
– Minimum composite score of 19 on the ACT (a minimum of 18 in Critical Reading and a minimum of 16 in Math)
4. Evidence of at least 3 years of academic coursework from a country/countries in which the official language is English. (See countries listed below)
5. Letter of English proficiency from an official university exchange partner.
Park’s English Language and Culture Institute (ELCI)
Students who do not meet proficiency requirements are encouraged to work with Park University partners that can offer assistance in achieving the minimum proficiency threshold for admission. Such partners include higher education institutions that offer ELL tutoring services as part of a Memorandum of Understanding with Park.
TOEFL/IELTS Exempted Countries:
Antigua & Barbuda
Papua New Guinea
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
Virgin Islands, British
*Students from Quebec and Francophone educational system may be required to submit proof of English language proficiency.