Graduate Part Time Adjunct Positions
Job Opportunities for Part Time Adjunct Instructors are organized by campus location. Select which location you are interested in, or simply scroll down this page.
To ensure timely submission of your credentials, qualified applicants should apply following the specific instructions noted in each job posting. For all positions, a Masters Degree in the relevant field is required, along with related work and/or academic experience. For most postings, a Ph.D. or other terminal degree is preferred.
Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging applications from women and minorities. The university will recruit and employ qualified personnel and will provide equal opportunities during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or status as a qualified protected veteran. Click here to view Park University’s EEOC and related policies.
Please Note: Park University participates in E-Verify for all positions at all campus center locations nationwide.
Master of Healthcare Administration – Adjunct Faculty
Location: Park University Downtown Campus – Kansas City, MO
The School of Business at Park University invites applications for several part-time adjunct instructor positions to teach in its MHA program. Class will meet once a week in the evenings at the Park University – Kansas City, MO downtown campus for the following courses:
- HA517 Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare Administration
- HA604 Healthcare Economics and Policy
- HA518 Organization of Healthcare Delivery Systems
- HA612 Healthcare Operations Management
Park University is a private, not-for-profit University accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The MHA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs; and its curriculum is based on the Healthcare Leadership Alliance competency model.
- Doctoral degree in Healthcare Administration, or Juris Doctor and at least 5 years of practical experience in healthcare legal or compliance field, or Doctoral degree in Economics and at least 5 years of practical experience in a healthcare setting.
- Applicants must hold a terminal degree in the discipline of instruction from a regionally accredited institution.
- Local applicants residing in the Kansas City area. These are on-site evening classes at Kansas City Downtown Campus.
To apply, submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Dr. Alla Adams.
MAIN CAMPUS – PARKVILLE
Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology (MAIO) Program – Adjunct Instructors
Park University is excited to announce that we are creating a new Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology (MAIO) program with a focus on Social Justice issues in the workplace. We need creative, enthusiastic, and qualified faculty to help develop and teach courses in the new program, set to launch in spring 2020. Each course will be delivered online with our easy-to-use Canvas Learning Management System.
Course developers will work with a dedicated team of instructional designers and the MAIO program coordinator to create the best possible student experience. As this program will be offered completely online, you may work remotely as you develop course materials and authentic assessments. Course developers are encouraged to teach the course(s) they’ve created after the courses have been developed.
The following courses need course developers for fall:
- Statistics: Critical Analysis I (ANOVA)
- Statistics: Critical Analysis II (Regression)
- Personnel Psychology
- Organizational Attitudes and Behavior
- Organizational Dynamics and Ethics
- Course Developers and faculty teaching in the program will need the following qualifications:
- PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or closely related field with ABD candidates considered.
- Record of scholarly and/or professional accomplishments
- Evidence of successful teaching experience. Online experience preferred.
- Active professional membership in APA Division 14 – Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP).
Interested candidates feel free to direct any inquiries to the MAIO Program Coordinator, Cynthia Cerrentano at email@example.com.
To apply, email the following: cover letter and curriculum vitae, and ALL unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Cynthia Cerrentano.
ALL Official transcripts will be required upon hire and have them sent to email@example.com.
Master of Public Administration Program – Adjunct Instructor(s)
Applications are invited for adjunct instructor(s) to teach in any of the following areas of concentration: Public Management; Nonprofit and Community Services Management; Disaster and Emergency Management; or Business, Government, and Global Society.Successful candidates must be willing and able to teach online classes.
Responsibilities/Duties: The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: preparing, instructing, and grading class coursework; active interaction with students and supervisor; and assigning final grades.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate(s) will possess a terminal degree in public administration or a related field (ABD considered) from an accredited university with several years of teaching and professional experience. In addition, the candidate must be well organized, professional, and have strong communication skills.
Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, cover letter and list of references. Materials and/or questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Dr. James Vanderleeuw.
Communication Arts and Leadership – Adjunct Instructor
Park University is seeking online course developers and online and face-to-face adjunct instructors for its Master of Arts in Communication and Leadership program – we are recruiting for all courses in the program (http://www.park.edu/academics/academic-programs/graduate-programs/master-of-arts-in-communication-and-leadership/degree-requirements.html). Qualified applicants should hold a doctorate in communication (or a master of arts in communication with a doctorate in a related field) and possess previous collegiate teaching experience.
Immediate needs include:
- CA 517: Research 2 (Quantitative)
- CA 670: Measuring Leadership
Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, cover letter and list of references. Materials and/or questions may be directed to email@example.com Attn: Dr. Mark Noe