The Honors Academy RLC is open to any incoming freshman residential student accepted into the Honors Academy. High school scholars must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 and an ACT composite score of 25 or a SAT score of 1260. Park scholars already enrolled must have completed at least one semester at Park with a 3.75 cumulative GPA.
The Honors Academy RLC provides a supportive atmosphere for Academy participants to enhance a high level of academic achievement. Participants work closely with peers who share their insights and expertise on both their academic and residential living experiences. The Honors Academy RLC is steeped in a tradition of service learning, which is a vital part of the residential community’s experience.
The Honors Academy RLC includes the following:
- Fall semester class: Freshman Honors Seminar (LE 100)
- Spring semester class: Freshman Honors Writing Seminar (EN 106)
- Classes taught by Honors Academy Director
- A residential atmosphere catering to the Academy’s needs
- An Honors Residential Mentor
- Tailored programming focusing on leadership, service learning and global issues
- Special advising sessions