FRESHMAN ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
These scholarship awards are for high school graduates planning to enroll for the first time in August. Review the details for eligibility. Awarding begins immediately upon receipt of the student’s Application for Admission and sixth-semester high school transcript through November 4.
COMPETITIVE FRESHMAN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Park University review for eligibility to attend Scholarship Interview Day is based upon:
- Completion of the scholarship application, including submission of all required materials, by November 4.
- Receipt of the student’s Park University Application, 6th semester High School transcripts with no less than a 3.75 cumulative weighted GPA.
- Receipt of the student’s ACT/SAT scores ≥ 25/1220.
- Students must submit a 300–500 word personal essay on what they would like to accomplish with their degree and how Park University will be the ideal place to help them achieve their goals.
- Each submitted file must be clearly labeled with the student’s name and name of the high school attended (or “home-schooled”).
- All materials should be submitted through the application as Microsoft Word documents or as Adobe PDFs.
- Attendance at Honors Scholarship Interview Day on Saturday, December 7 is required for competitive scholarship candidates. Scholarship Day includes a multistage interview with the Scholarship Committee, an on-site essay composition, an Honors Academy information session for parents and students, a formal lunch with Honors Academy faculty and current students, campus tour and interactive program with fellow candidates.
- The recipients of a competitive award must agree to represent Park University in media, in written testimonies and/or at least two events per year, including at Founders Day.
- Competitive scholarships will be awarded no later than February 1.
Scholarship awards for students who have previously earned at least 24 transferable college credit hours from an accredited U.S. institution, or a foreign institution whose primary language of instruction is English. Due to high demand, limited funding is available. Transfer students are encouraged to complete the application for admission as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Student Financial Aid
8700 N.W. River Park Dr., Parkville, MO 64152