TECHNOLOGY FEE AT PARK UNIVERSITY
To facilitate equitable and economic expenditures of the student technology fee that are aligned with the mission, vision, and core values of Park University to ensure student success.
Park University students are charged a $10 per credit hour technology fee. This fee provides funding for the University to enhance the Park student experience through the use of technology. The University is responsible for utilizing this funding for technology-related investments that benefit students. Some examples of technology fee purchases include printing kiosks, laptop rental machines, and various online platforms that serve all or multiple student audiences at the University (e.g., Crew, Maxient, eRezLife).
A portion of the overall funding is provided to a student technology fee committee of the Park University Student Government Association to enable student-driven decision making.
BY-LAWS OF THE STUDENT TECHNOLOGY FEE COMMITTEE
- The voting body of the Student Technology Fee Committee will be comprised of students.
- The Student Technology Fee Committee will also include an Information Technology representative and Student Services representative.
- Technology fee requests can be made by any Park University student.
- Any purchases approved by the Student Technology Fee Committee must be presented before the voting members of the Park Student Government Association.
- The Student Technology Fee is not intended to fund standard classroom equipment or enterprise technology.