Admissions : International Students
Graduate Students Outside of the U.S.If you are currently residing outside of the United States and you would like to attend Park University as a graduate student, you will find valuable information regarding admission, language proficiency, and financial requirements below.
View the International Student Graduate Admission Requirements document for a printable version of the following information.
- Completed Park University application form.
- Application fee of $100.00.
- International students are only eligible for the Fall – 16 week (Aug-Dec) and the Spring – 16 week (Jan-May) semesters.
- Please indicate your country of citizenship and country of residence, even if they are the same as the country of birth.
- The "Mailing Address" should be the International Address (Home Address). If you have a local US address, please put that in as the Alternate address.
- International telephone number is required.
- Color copy of passport or birth certificate.
- Official certified transcripts and diploma from your college/university. Certified English translations of the transcripts must also be provided for transcripts that are not in English.
- A notarized Affidavit of Support and supporting bank statement(s) in US Dollars showing the ability to finance one year of study. For more information, please see financial supporting documentation.
- Additional Requirements: Most graduate programs will require additional supporting documentation. For more information, please visit Admissions for The School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- These documents may be faxed, emailed or mailed directly to International Student Services Department:
International Student Admissions and Services
8700 NW River Park Dr PMB#3
Parkville, MO 64152
Fax: (816) 505-5443
English Proficiency RequirementsIf English is not the applicant's primary language, an official copy of TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) score will be required. The minimum scores required are as follows.
||Minimum Total Score
||Minimum Score for Each Section
|Internet-Based Test (iBT)||79||20|
|Paper-Based Test (PBT)||550||55|
|Computer-Based Test (CBT)||213||20|
|IELTS Exam Band Score||6|
Park University Institutional Code: 0044
TOEFL Website: http://www.ets.org/toefl
- International students not meeting the minimum TOEFL requirement may opt to be granted provisional admission to the Graduate School, but only receive an I-20 for the English as an International Language Program (EIL).
- Upon arrival, the student will take the Compass Language Placement Test and if successful, may be granted full admission to the Graduate School. Those students not successful will be required to enroll in English language courses in the EIL program. Provisional EIL students will not be allowed to begin any Graduate School classes until they have met the English language requirements.
- The TOEFL/IELTS Test is not required IF you are a citizen of a country which has English as an official language. See the TOEFL Exempt Countries.
Applicants who hold a bachelor's or higher degree from a university located in the United States or in another country in which English is both the primary spoken language and the medium of instruction are exempt from both the TOEFL/IELTS requirement and the English.
Financial Support DocumentationIn addition to completing the Confidential Financial Statement you must also submit financial documentation to verify your support. You must submit supporting bank statement(s) less than 6 months old and/or other financial documents showing the ability to finance annual expenses ($21,990.00), to live in the United States and study at Park. If the bank account is not in your name, include a sworn or certified letter or Affidavit of Support from the account holder verifying that s/he will be supporting you.
|Costs and Tuition Fees - 9 Months Estimated Cost
|Room & Board||$7,686.00|
|Health Insurance (Mandatory)||$1,220.00|
|Student Activity Fee||$150.00|
|Total (US Dollars)||$19,596.00|
1 The tuition fee above is based on 9 credits per semester at $480.00 per credit hour. Please note that all international students are required to fulfill a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. Tuition for English Language courses (if needed) and prerequisite courses will be charged at the undergraduate credit hour rate at $350.00.
2 An additional fee of $160 will be applied for an evaluation of transcripts if a previous professional evaluation is not submitted.
AS A GENERAL POLICY, PARK UNIVERSITY DOES NOT EXTEND PAYMENT PLANS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. YOU MUST PAY ALL YOUR COSTS PRIOR TO REGISTERING AND STARTING CLASSES.