- Completed online Park University application form. Please indicate your country of citizenship and country of residence, even if they are the same as the country of birth.
- Application fee of $75.00 paid as part of application form.
- Application fee includes express I-20 mailing fee if admitted
- Official or unofficial transcripts from your high school and college/university. A 2.0 cumulative GPA from a US institution or college OR 3.0 cumulative GPA from a USA high school is required for full admission. If you are coming from a language center, a 2.5 converted GPA is required. All US transfer credit will be evaluated by Park University.
- Students applying from within the USA must meet one of the following to meet the English requirement of Park University.
- An official TOEFL score with a minimum iBT test score of 69, paper test score of 525 or computer test score of 196. (The TOEFL code for Park University is 6574.)
- An official IELTS minimum score of 5.5.
- Complete English Composition at a USA university or college with a grade of C or better.
- Graduated from a US high school.
- An official ITEP minimum academic score of 3.7.
- Successful completion of appropriate coursework in Park University’s Intensive English Program (courses begin in August, 2017)
Please note, students who do not meet the minimum English score requirement or other exemption are eligible for admission through Park University’s Intensive English Program. No TOEFL or IELTS score is required for admission to the program.
- A notarized Affidavit of Support and supporting bank statement(s) in US Dollars showing the ability to finance one year of study. For more information, please see financial supporting documentation below.
- Color Copy of your I-20, passport, visa and I-94.
Please Note: For transfer students from a U.S. school, the international student transfer eligibility form should be completed by your current DSO and returned.
These documents may be emailed or mailed directly to Office of International Students at the following address.
Office of International Students
8700 NW River Park Dr PMB#3
Parkville, MO 64152
FINANCIAL SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION
With the Affidavit of Support signed by your sponsor you must also submit financial documentation less than 6 months old to verify your support in the amount of $21,452.00 or more to live in the United States and study at Park.
|Costs and Tuition Fees - 9 Months Estimated Cost|
|Cost of Living||$10,000|
|Total (US Dollars)||$21,452|
The tuition fee above is based on 12 credits per semester at $399.00 per credit hour. Please note that all international students are required to fulfill a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. See here for scholarship opportunities!
Fall Semester (Starts in August) – May 1
Spring Semester (Starts in January) – October 15
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Q: I have done some college coursework back in my country; can I have those credits transferred to Park University?
A: Yes! Any student wishing to receive transfer credit for coursework undertaken at a foreign institution must request a Foreign Credential Evaluation from an accredited evaluation company. Common companies include WES World Evaluation Services and Foreign Credits International Experts. Students must contact the company directly; request a detailed report with course level identification which must also be sent directly to the office of International Student Admissions and Services.
Q: What documents are needed for official transfer of credit at Park?
A: It takes the following documents to receive transfer of credit:
- An official transcript with official translation or Foreign Credential Evaluation Report
- Course descriptions may be needed to receive credit for specific courses at Park.
Q: What is a Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) Report?
A: A Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (FCE Report) is a report completed by a recognized foreign credential evaluation company in the United States, which demonstrates how your education compares with U.S. university undergraduate studies, including a course-by-course evaluation and a U.S. GPA. A student must have earned an equivalent U.S. “C” or better for the course to be eligible for transfer to Park. All courses are transferred in as “TR” and do not affect the Park GPA.
Q: How long does the transfer credit process take?
A: In general, the evaluation of international transcripts can take four to six weeks.