Undergraduate Admission Requirements - Outside U.S.

International student update – July 16, 2020

Park University has currently adopted a hybrid model for Fall 2020 which includes face to face and online classes. International students can maintain their status through taking the minimum number of online or face to face classes (12 total credit hours for undergraduate or 6 credit hours for graduate students). Face to face classes are not required for international students in Fall 2020.

The USA has issued several travel bans for students entering the USA from certain countries. Please visit the CDC website for more details on the countries impacted.

Undergraduate Admission Requirements – Outside U.S.

  1. Completed online Park University application form. Please indicate your country of citizenship and country of residence, even if they are the same as the country of birth.
  2. Non-refundable application fee of $75.00 paid as part of application form.
    • Application fee includes express I-20 mailing fee if admitted
  3. Official or unofficial transcripts from your high school/college. Certified English translations of the transcripts should be provided for transcripts that are in a language other than English. A 2.5 cumulative (overall) GPA is required for full admission.
  4.  Students must meet one of the following to meet the English requirement of Park University.

      • An official TOEFL score with a minimum iBT test score of 79 or paper test score of 550 (The TOEFL code for Park University is 6574)
      • An official IELTS minimum score of 6.5.
      • An official ITEP minimum academic score of 3.9.

Please find other details and exemptions to the English requirement here.

  1. An Affidavit of Support signed by you sponsor and supporting bank statement(s) in US Dollars showing the ability to finance one year of study. For more information, please see financial supporting documentation below.
  2. Color copy of your passport.

These documents may be emailed or mailed directly to Office of International Students at the following address.

Park University
Office of International Students
8700 NW River Park Dr PMB#3
Parkville, MO 64152
Email: international@park.edu


With the Affidavit of Support signed by your sponsor you must also submit financial documentation less than 6 months old to verify your support in the amount of $21,452.00 or more to live in the United States and study at Park. See here for scholarship opportunities!


Costs and Tuition Fees - 9 Months Estimated Cost 
Cost of Living - Parkville$10,000
Health Insurance$1,380
Total (US Dollars)$22,540

The tuition fee above is based on 12 credits per semester at $415.00 per credit hour. Please note that all international students are required to fulfill a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.


Fall Semester (Starts in August) – May 1

Spring Semester (Starts in January) – October 15


Q: I have done some college coursework back in my country; can I have those credits transferred to Park University?

A: Yes!  Any student wishing to receive transfer credit for coursework undertaken at a foreign institution must request a Foreign Credential Evaluation from an accredited evaluation company.  Common companies include World Evaluation Services, Foreign Credits International Experts, and Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Consultants. Students must contact the company directly; request a detailed report with course level identification which must also be sent directly to the office of International Student Admissions and Services.

Q: What documents are needed for official transfer of credit at Park?

A: It takes the following documents to receive transfer of credit:

  • An official transcript with official translation or Foreign Credential Evaluation Report
    • Course descriptions may be needed to receive credit for specific courses at Park.

Q: What is a Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) Report?

A: A Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (FCE Report) is a report completed by a recognized foreign credential evaluation company in the United States, which demonstrates how your education compares with U.S. university undergraduate studies, including a course-by-course evaluation and a U.S. GPA. A student must have earned an equivalent U.S. “C” or better for the course to be eligible for transfer to Park. All courses are transferred in as “TR” and do not affect the Park GPA.

Q: How long does the transfer credit process take?

A: In general, the evaluation of international transcripts can take four to six weeks.

Park University’s degree programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

Park University is a private, non-profit, institution of higher learning since 1875.