International Students

Undergraduate Students Outside of the U.S.

If you are currently residing outside of the United States and you would like to attend Park University as an undergraduate student, you will find valuable information regarding admission, language proficiency, financial and credit transfer requirements below.

Download the International Student Undergraduate Admission Requirements PDF for a printable version of the following information.

Admission Requirements

  • Completed Park University application form.
  • Application fee of $75.00.
  • International students are only eligible for the Fall – 16 week (Aug-Dec) and the Spring – 16 week (Jan-May) semesters.
  • International students applying from outside of the US can only choose the Parkville Campus.
  • Please indicate your country of citizenship and country of residence, even if they are the same as the country of birth.
  • The "Mailing Address" should be the International Address (Home Address). If you have a local US address, please put that in as the Alternate Address.
  • International telephone number is required.
  • Color copy of passport or birth certificate.
  • Official or unofficial transcripts from your high school and college/university. Certified English translations of the transcripts should be provided for transcripts that are in a language other than English.
  • A notarized Affidavit of Support and supporting bank statement(s) in US Dollars showing the ability to finance one year of study. For more information, please see financial supporting documentation.
  • Admission to Park University does not require a TOEFL score or any other test of English proficiency. For more information, please see the English Proficiency Requirements section.
  • These documents may be faxed, emailed or mailed directly to the International Student Admissions and Services Department:

    Park University
    International Student Admissions and Services
    8700 NW River Park Dr PMB#3
    Parkville, MO 64152
    Fax: (816) 505-5443

English Proficiency Requirements

Admission to Park University does not require a TOEFL score or any other test of English proficiency. A prospective student not submitting a TOEFL score can only receive a "conditional admission" and must complete English as an International Language Testing upon arrival.

Prospective students seeking a "full admission" need to provide one of the following:

  • An official copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum iBT test score of 69, paper test score of 525 or computer test score of 196. (The TOEFL code for Park University is 6574.)
  • An official IELTS score of 5.5.

"Full admission" may also be granted for those students transferring from a U.S. institution that have successfully completed 15 hours of transferable regular undergraduate credit courses, as determined by the Office of the Registrar. The TOEFL/IELTS Test is not required IF you are a citizen of a country which has English as an official language. See the TOEFL Exempt Countries.

Regardless of "admission status," all prospective students with F-1 student visas are required to complete English as an International Language testing upon arrival.

Financial Support Documentation

In addition to completing the Confidential Financial Statement you must also submit financial documentation to verify your support. You must submit supporting bank statement(s) less than 6 months old and/or other financial documents showing the ability to finance annual expenses ($21,990.00) to live in the United States and study at Park. If the bank account is not in your name, include a sworn or certified letter or Affidavit of Support from the account holder verifying that s/he will be supporting you.

Costs and Tuition Fees - 9 Months Estimated Cost
Tuition $10,500.00
Room & Board $7,686.00
Books $1,200.00
Personal Expenses $1,000.00
Health Insurance (Mandatory) $1,220.00
Student Activity Fee $250.00
Total (US Dollars) $21,856.00

1 The tuition fee above is based on 15 credits per semester at $350.00 per credit hour. Please note that all international students are required to fulfill a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.

2 An additional fee of $160 will be applied for an evaluation of transcripts if transfer of credit is required.


Transfer of Credit from Foreign Credentials

Park University willingly accepts transfer of credit from Foreign Credentials. The transfer of credit is facilitated between the student and Park University by the ISS Office. We require an official transcript from the foreign institution, a translation if the transcript is in a language other than English, and a Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (FCE). See below for more detail.

Q: I have done some college coursework back in my country; can I have those credits transferred to Park University?
A: Yes, you may. To receive official transfer credit at Park University, all students submitting foreign transcripts must have an official Foreign Credential Evaluation Report, completed by a recognized foreign credit evaluation company prior to receiving any credit at Park.

Q: What documents are needed for official transfer of credit at Park?
A: It takes the following documents to receive transfer of credit:

  • An official transcript
  • An official translation (from foreign language to English if transcript is issued in another language)
  • An official Foreign Credential Evaluation Report
  • Course descriptions may be needed to receive credit for specific courses at Park

Students are responsible for supplying the official foreign transcript(s) and often required documents in a timely manner to the ISS office, and will bear sole responsibility for enrolling in "duplicate" classes that otherwise would have been credited to the student as transferable from previous courses taken when the official evaluation is completed.

Q: What is a Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) Report?
A: A Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (FCE Report) is report completed by a recognized foreign credential evaluation company in the United States, which demonstrates how your education compares with U.S. university undergraduate studies, including a course-by-course evaluation and a U.S. GPA. A student must have earned an equivalent U.S. "C" or better for the course to be eligible for transfer to Park. All courses are transferred in as "TR" and do not affect the Park GPA.

Q: I do not have a Foreign Credential Evaluation Report. What should I do?
A: Park University can facilitate the foreign credential evaluation report on behalf of the student. All Parkville Daytime and Graduate School campus students will be charged prior to enrollment if they have not already submitted their official transcript to a recognized foreign credential evaluation company prior to their first enrollment at Park University.

If you attend a campus center, you should

  • Contact ISS directly at 816-584-6820.
  • Pay the $160 fee

Q: What is the fee when Park University does this?
A: The current fee charged for a foreign credential evaluation service is $160, which is shown on page 76 of the 2012-213 catalog.

Q: How long does the transfer credit process take?
A: In general, the evaluation of international transcripts can take four to six weeks.