ABOUT THE PROCESS
Park University complies with all Federal regulations (e.g., 45 CFR 46) with respect to the ethical treatment and protection of human and animal research participants. Park University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) oversees the ethical conduct of research at Park University. Park University is registered with the U.S. Federal Government’s Office of Human Research Protections (IORG Identifier IORG0003602).
For purposes of IRB approval, research can be divided into three categories:
- Expedited review
- Full board review
If you plan to do any research that involves Park University, its faculty, staff, or students, you must submit an IRB application, regardless of which of the three categories you think your project might fall under.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
- Community applicants contact IRB Chairperson at IRBchair@park.edu to determine eligibility. Online credentials and access will be given to eligible applicants.
- Park University students, staff, and faculty shall visit MyPark for more information and application instructions.
- An applicant submits the online application form.
- The Chair assigns the application to an IRB member for review, or else the application is reviewed by the full IRB.
- When the IRB member or the full board has made a decision, the applicant will be notified via e-mail. If the application is rejected, the applicant may edit his/her application for resubmission.