Park University will accept a maximum of 6 hours toward a certificate, 30 hours towards an associates degree, and 60 hours toward a bachelors degree. This credit may come from any combination of general or subject exams from CLEP, DSST, Excelsior College Exams, or from courses offered by non-accredited entities (e.g., Straighterline, Sophia, etc.), providing that credit is recommended by ACE. To receive credit, a student must submit an official transcript or score report (for exams) to Park University Registrar’s Office.
- Credit may only be used once to fulfill a given requirement or elective.
- Credits will be based upon the correlation available at the time the transcript is submitted. A re-evaluation of credit will not be performed at a later date.
- No credit is awarded for separate subtest scores.
See the Academic Success Center or your Campus Center Director for detailed information concerning CLEP or DSST examinations. Exam correlations can be found below. To receive credit, a student must submit an official transcript to Park University Registrar’s Office.
COLLEGE LEVEL EXAMINATION PROGRAM (CLEP)
The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course.
DEFENSE ACTIVITY FOR NON-TRADITIONAL EDUCATION SUPPORT (DANTES)
The DANTES mission is to support the off-duty, voluntary education programs of the Department of Defense and to conduct special projects and development activities in support of education-related functions of the Department.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) EXAMS
International Baccalaureate (IB)
IB Score / Credit Guidelines*
|Test Level||Credits Earned|
|Grade 6||3 sh.|
|Grade 7||4 sh.|
|Grade 4||3 sh.|
|Grade 5||4 sh.|
|Grade 6||6 sh.|
|Grade 7||8 sh.|
*Important info on credit granted by Park University
- The difference between Standard Level and Higher Level is the amount of content being tested on.
- The Standard Level and Higher Level does NOT indicate Lower division or Upper division. ALL credit will be given lower division elective.
- Credit hours will be awarded with the associated score listed.
- Any score that is lower than what is listed above will not be accepted for credit.