COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEST-OUT PROCEDURES
IS205 TEST-OUT PROCEDURE
This option is available to all campus centers (including the Parkville daytime campus center). A student may earn credit for IS205 by contacting the Park Testing Center, and passing the DSST Managing Information Systems test.
IS141 Test-Out Procedure
This option is available to all campus centers (including the Parkville daytime campus center).
A test-out option is available for IS141 Applied Computer Technology for Business. To complete the test-out option and receive credit for IS141, a student needs to pass the most current MOS Exam for Microsoft Excel Expert (Advanced level) and the most current MOS Exam for Microsoft Access (Intermediate level). For information about the exams (registration, fees, content, where to take the exam, etc.) see the certification web page at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mos-certification.
After passing the Microsoft certification exam, the student should send an official transcript of the passed exam to the Registrar’s office. To do so, the student should follow these instructions:
- Go to Certiport.
- Log in, using the user id and password assigned as part of the test-taking procedure.
- In the MyTranscript area under the MyCertiport tab, the student’s transcript should appear, showing the passed exam.
- In the View Mode pull-down menu, select Authorized View.
- Click the Authorize a Viewer button.
- In the resulting form, enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the email box and Enter Test-Out Credit for IS141, student_name, student parkid, student_email_address in the message box where student_name, student_parkid, and student_email_address are to be replaced accordingly.
- Click the Authorize button.
Upon receiving the Microsoft certification exam transcript, the Registrar will verify that CS000 Computer Science Elective – Information Systems already appears on the student’s degree audit. If it is not there, the Registrar will email the student and inform him/her of the problem. If it is there, the Registrar will edit the student’s degree audit by removing CS000 Computer Science Elective – Information Systems and adding Tested Out next to IS141.
If CS000 Computer Science Elective – Information Systems is not there, the Registrar will email the student and inform him/her of next steps.