Admission Requirements

The accelerated division of Admissions is for undergraduate studies.  Admission to Park’s Accelerated degree programs requires:

Graduate students, refer to the Graduate Student section. International students, refer to the International Student section.

  • Completion of the application for admission, evaluation form and payment of the appropriate fees.
  • Evidence of high school graduation, which can include:
    • a signed application for admission and evaluation form with the appropriate box checked, indicating completion of high school or equivalent; OR
    • a copy of a high school transcript; OR
    • a GED certificate which reports the score earned on the GED exam; OR
    • an official college or university transcript with high school name and the date graduated; OR
    • AARTS (Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System) transcript; OR
    • SMART (Sailor-Marine/American Council on Education Registry Transcript)
    • DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty); OR
    • a certified DD Form 295 (Application for the Evaluation of Educational experiences During Military Service); OR
    • a certified copy of one of the following:
      • DA Form 2-l (Personnel Qualification Record Part II)-United States Army;
      • AF Form 186 (Individual Record Education Services Program) United States Air Force;
      • Page 8 of Service Record Book-United States Marine Corps;
      • Page 4 of Navy Personnel Form 1070604-United States Navy.

Park University reserves the right to deny admission to any student whose level of academic performance at other educational institutions is below 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. In such cases, Park University officials may require submission of evidence that the student graduated in the upper 50 percent of the high school graduating class and has achieved a minimum ACT score of 20 or a SAT score of 840.

In those instances where students have attended college elsewhere without graduating from high school, a college transcript evidencing 48 or more earned credit hours can also be utilized as evidence of high school equivalency.

English and Mathematics Placement Tests

No testing is required for any student transferring in college credit with a grade of “C” or better for the “traditional freshman English composition” sequence, (Park University’s EN 105 & EN 106) or College Algebra (Park University’s MA 131).

Students who achieve an acceptable score on the English Placement Exam or equivalent test are exempt from PK 112 Effective Writing Skills and may enroll in EN 105 Writing Strategies and Concepts and subsequently in EN 106 Writing Purposes and Research. If an acceptable score is not achieved, the student must enroll in PK 112 Effective Writing Skills and subsequently in EN 105 and EN 106.

Students who achieve an acceptable score on the Mathematics Placement Test are exempt from PK 118 Contemporary Mathematics and will be placed in an appropriate higher level mathematics course. If an acceptable score is not achieved, the student must enroll in PK 118 Contemporary Mathematics and subsequently in MA 131 College Algebra.

NOTE: English 105, 106 and Mathematics 131 or their equivalences must be completed within the first five terms of enrollment at Park University, or enrollment in other courses may be restricted.

Park University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

Park University is a private, non-profit, institution of higher learning since 1875.