Please address questions or comments about the web site to
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
by and between
Ivy Bridge College of Tiffin University
This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is subscribed to by
Ivy Bridge college of Tiffin University (IBC) and Park
University (Park) for the purpose of establishing a credit
transfer protocol for students completing the associate of
Arts Degree at IBC who desire to transfer into an upper
division degree program at PU.
Since IBC and PU are both accredited institutions of higher
education and generally accept for transfer purposes credits
earned by students at the other institutions and desire to
establish a protocol to facilitate the transfer of credits
earned by students in the Associate of Arts degree program
of IBC (AA Degree) into upper division programs of PU, the
parties jointly subscribe to the following terms and
- Any IBC student will be admitted to Park with full junior standing
(a minimum of 60 semester credit hours of transfer credit) subject to the
following terms and conditions:
- The IBC student must have completed
her/his work at IBC in good academic, behavioral and financial standing.
- Only AA Degree courses in which the IBC student earned a grade of
"C&" or higher, or which were completed with a "P&"on an approved
pass/fail system, will be accepted by Park.
- The application and distribution of credits transferred may
vary depending on the program of study the IBC student chooses to pursue
- Notwithstanding the amount of credits transferred and the class level
standing accorded the IBC student at Park, the student may be required
to complete "100" and "200" level courses at Park in order to meet the
requirements of the program of study the IBC student chooses to pursue
- The IBC student must otherwise meet the admissions standards and
comply with the admissions procedures of Park.
- Park may limit the amount of transfer credits accepted from an IBC
student that exceed sixty (60) semester credits or that were accepted in
transfer by IBC from a non-accredited, foreign, or non-regionally
- All determinations that an IBC student has satisfied the
prerequisites for admission, and the application of credit to a Park
Program of study shall be made at the absolute discretion of Park.
- Park reserves the right to deny admission, the granting of credit for
courses, completed, continued matriculation, and to rescind
certificates, credits or degrees already earned with respect ot any
person whose participation in a Park program imposes an undue risk of
harm to himself or others or the property of Park or others, or if the
person is determined to have submitted false or misleading credentials,
to have participated in academic dishonesty, fraud or misrepresentation
in any courses, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible for
participation in the Park program of study that the IBC student chooses
- Each admitted IBC student will be afforded all of the rights and
privileges offered to native junior students at Park as established in
the official policies and procedures of Pak as they may be amended from
time to time, including without limitation, participation in the
financial aid programs, student counseling and advising and other
- Except with respect to the articulation protocol established in this MOU, IBC students must comply with and will be bound by the standards
and regulations of Park in effect at the time of their application for
admission to park.
- Each party shall designate an individual to serve as liaison for the
purposes of implementing this MOU. Such person shall have the authority
to administer the interests of the party/he represents in pursuit of the
terms and provisions hereof. Both institutions will encourage and
maintain a high degree of cooperation between their staff members in the
implementation of the terms and provisions of this MOU.
- Implementation and interpretation of this MOU will be consistent with
applicable and mandatory policies and procedures established by the
appropriate accreditation bodies, the United States Department of
Education, and other agencies that have jurisdiction over the operation
of either institution.
- Participation of IBC students under the articulation protocol
established in this MOU will be permitted in compliance with applicable
federal, state, and local non-discrimination laws and regulations.
- Both institutions shall maintain their respective individual
accreditation and this MOU shall be binding only so long as that
accreditation is maintained by both parties.
- IBC agrees to advise Park of changes in the AA Degree program, the
content thereof and the academic and admission standards applicable
thereto from time to time as changes are made. Park shall have the right
to terminate this MOU in the event of any material changes in the AA
Degree program or the academic or admission standards applicable
- IBC agrees to provide each student enrolled in the AA Degree program
with advisors, counselors or coaches who will advise them of the
articulation protocol established under this MOU. The parties will
jointly produce an electronic "transfer guide" to advise students of the
articulation opportunity and protocol established hereunder and to
assist students in the transfer process. Additionally, Park will provide
written material to IBC for ongoing dissemination of information to
students who express interest in the Park transfer opportunity.
- Park authorizes IBC to identify Park as an institution partner on
the IBC website and in print publications. Park also authorizes IBC to
use its logo on the IBC web site and in print publications.
- Each party reserves the right to request and review in advance any
information disseminated to the public or students about the
articulation protocols established herein or that identifies the
relationship between the parties hereunder.
- Both parties agree to communicate the conditions of this MOU to
their respective stakeholders - external and internal. In addition
to the ongoing responsibilities for notification, communication and
cooperation established herein, IBC and Park will review this MOU every
other academic year and will make reasonable adjustments and amendments
as deemed appropriate for the improvement of the transfer process and
- Both parties recognize that they are bound to comply with the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment) in the
handling of educational records of students enrolled in their
- This MOU is not intended to and shall not be so construed as to
create any independent rights in any students of IBC nor include IBC
students as parties hereto.
- This MOU shall be effective upon execution by both parties and shall
continue until terminated by either party. Either party may terminate
this MOU at any time without liability or obligation to the other party.
However, in the event that this MOU is terminated, Park commits that IBC
students who are at any stage of their AA Degree studies and who have
been pre-admitted to Park shall be entitled to pursue transfer to Park
under the articulation protocols established herein.
Paul Marion, Ph.D.
Michael Droge, Ph.D.
Signed and Completed 7/15/08
^ Back to the Top